or Connect

Posts by comrade

That is not a classical camels hair Polo coat. It appears to have raglan sleeves,and if I am correct, I can see a belt hanging down behind the pocket on the right side.A belt that buckles or ties in ther front, not the belted back of a traditional Polo coat.I would copy Mr Coward's coat exactly. Regular Polo coats are a dime a dozen
Aesthetics.
Elegance and Gravitas. Well done.
Wing Tip and its' predecessor OnThe Fly seem to cycle through vendors.A few months ago was there and aside from the gorgeous sales woman, I recalla wide selection of Woverine 1000 mile boots. None in my size
+ 1 You can't go wrong with this "uniform" It signifies some gravitas. After a while,when you see what others are wearing you can modify your clothes.
I own no oxfords,only derbies. I will never buy oxfords because I don't like them.That's a good enough reason for me. I also like monks but double monks areawful, IMHO.
Ottino in Florence Italy. My briefcase from them is appraoching 30 years old and the lock still works. It cost around $400 in the mid 80s. http://www.ottino.com/Default.aspx?lang=eng
"Does this make sense? I'm asking because I plan to do a MTM and wanted to send measurements based on a good fitting jacket." I do not know if youv'e already done "remote" MTM successfully. I would nevertheless recommend against it. MTM, even when measured by a competent in store professional, can result in an unsatisfactory outcome. It's happened to me several times. At least the store is responsible and will cover the alterations or offer refunds. Feel free to PM...
NMWA's Inlglese shirts are very tapered. The 16 1/2 wouldn't fit me, as I recall.
It is no accident that the 18th century British called their countrymen, who returned from the Grand Tourwith Italianate dress and manners, " Macaronis"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macaroni_(fashion)I come from a different tradition which may be summed up in one sentence:Dress British and think Yiddish.