or Connect

Posts by comrade

absolutely !
Was in London for a week. Got back yesterday. CT and H & H always seem to be on sale. H & H shirts quite decent for the price. Also check out Cordings for very English "country" patterns and business dress shirts- not slim.
Sales seem to occur earlier and earlier. So it is possible that there may be a "pre-sale" for customers on the store's list or even items on sale before Christmas proper. Call the stores. They'll tell you. Men's tailored clothing is very competitive since so few men wear it regularly these days.
For a decent selection of High-end RTW suits in NYC, which go on sale seasonally, check out: Paul Stuart, Berdorff Goodman, Saks. Barney's has become more of a freak show than a vendor of adult tailored clothing To lesser extent so has Saks and Bergdorf., A little shop that sells elegant high-end Italian tailoring is Davide Cenci on Madison and 79th. My only quarrel with them is their shoulders are too buit-up for me Brooks Bros- You might like their best line....
Apropos of this, my uncle, who was co owner of a consumer electronics manufacturing company that dated from the 1930s,had a lifestyle that I admired. He had a chauffeur, ate lunch a Peter Luger's Steak house ( in New York City) several times a week,had a box at Yankee Stadium, and wore bespoke clothing. I worked for him for two summers during college. My Dad too was veryclothes-conscious and dressed well and wore an "old money" Ivy League, style despite being the son of...
Not Oxfords. Derbies or Bluchers because they have open lacing.Awesome shoes !
No experience. I wear H &K, T&A, Finamore, RTW.
These guys have a great reputation. https://www.buddshirts.co.uk another very high-end option: http://www.seanoflynnshirtmaker.co.uk
Decades ago I lived and worked in South America. I was not in finance but was in the US Foreign Service. My observation is that Banking and finance there is very conservative, but can be very elegant in dress. By conservative I do not mean the often bland US corporate look, more noticeable on executives based in the heartland. A better stereotype to follow is a conservative cosmopolitan style that one sees in New York or London especially...
Unfortunately, O'Connels is in Buffalo, NY.