or Connect

Posts by comrade

I knew a guy who was a tech marketing exec. who actually worked at several startups in the very late 80s early 90s in the Bay Area who regularly wore Hermes ties. Not only were the patterns distinctive but their widths were on the narrow side for the time. Imagine a software marketing type today favoring a particular style/brand of necktie whcih he wore at work.
You sound insecure. So far you do not seem to be "rock(ing) it with confidence, as you put it. Perhaps one of the reasons that others wear dark suits is because they want to avoid the apparent strum und drang you are going through about what to wear to an afternoon performance of the Opera.
" beautiful hand painted effect" To me they look ridiculous.
I'm no expert But Iwas under the impression that Logsdail had a Savile Row cut.Corvato,who worked in the then bespoke dept. at Brooks Brothers, has a kind ofNeapolitan/ Ivy hybrid style.
By Nino Covato of New York, I believe.http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/movies/new-york-tailor-nino-corvato-subject-of-new-documentary-men-of-the-cloth-1.9799298
Unfortunately, Dinkelacker has very few retail outlets that carry a wide selection of their shoes even in "Mitteleurope". I am a very difficult fit and would be asking for trouble if I ordered online. So, in anticipation of a trip last fall to Munich, Salzberg, and Vienna, after touring Italy, I requested retailers which carried their shoes. Except for a place somewhere on the border between Germany and Austria which would have meant my renting a car, they only came up...
Always too trendy IMHO , what ever the fad was current at the time.He did look good in everything he wore. It's what he wore that I remembernot liking.
And he's 83. Looks great.
Good things do not last ( pun intended) forever. I was in Viennalast October and made a beeline to L. Reiter. Needless to say,the one last that fit me (Amerikaner) has been discontinued.A special makeup for me in that last would be 800 Euros. I didn't bite.But I may since the Euro has dropped significantly since then.
Frank Brothers on 57th St, I believe. H. Herzfeld on Madison Ave closed a year or two ago. Arthur M Rosenberg branch of Ivy New Haven Tailor had a shop in the 60s 70s mid town off Madison, near J.Press, Chipp Washington Tremlett- London Shirtmaker on 57th St (?) late 60s Nussbaums on Main St Flushing closed in the 50s Ber Ben in Jamaica- My uncle shopped there main stream style a little on the sharp side. D'Andrea Bothers Bespoke Tailors- Another Uncle had his...