or Connect

Posts by comrade

I consider them in contemporary poor taste.
Both pairs, but the Boss pair in particular, incorporate many current fashion cliches. But then, not everyone favors classics.
Now that I think of it I believe that Jim Ockert, owner of Khaki's of Carmel was wearing Ring Jacket at the Meet-Up/Trunk Show.He's much bigger than me in both height and breadth, so unless I am wrong about his size, he's wearing MTM or bespoke.Ring Jacket. If that is available, I am surprised that Mr. Sasamoto didn't mention it. I'll look into it when I am in Carmel inAugust.
Not to rain on you parade, but IMHO Ring Jacket has their own size numbers.I attended a Style Forum Trunk Show Meet-Up earier this year sponsored by Style Forumwith the retailer Khakis of Carmel representing Ring Jacket. Ring jacket's repand fitter, one Mr Sasamoto was there. I wear 44 R in Isaia, Belvest, SartoriaPartenopea, Battistoni, Borrelii, and H, Freeman. The Ring Jacket 44 R that Itried on at the Trunk Show/ Meet-Up did not close.l They had no samplesin...
I hadn't been to the SoHo shop yet either. As I said, he used to have a selection of beautiful suits and sport coats, one of which I almost purchasedback in' 08. It was a purplish heather tweed, but had a ticket pocket, which I don't like. At the time Jay himself was in the shop and we had goodconversation about New York and the high schools we attended. This time I learned that they plan a store in LA in the next six months. So I guessweird sells.
This comment has probably been made before. I was in Italy for two weeks in Sept. 2014- Naples, Rome, Milan, and Venice and saw No One dressed this way. I've been to Italy more than a few times over the past 40 years. Overall, men are very well-dressed and seem to follow (like sheep) the latest fashion- e.g. side vents, no vents, etc unlike the US and Britain where several style- families co-exist among the well-dressed: Savile, Row, Ivy, Italian, etc.. For Italy, on the...
Presidents tend to dress like members of the Chamber of Commerce, or Rotary of a third tier Mid-Western City. Even candidate Romney, the recipient of two Harvard Degrees, and the son of a Fortune 500 CEO and governor of Michigan, dressed in a safe, boring "corporate bland" style, even though he was based in Boston, a center of at least ,Ivy style. The late Senator Daniel Patrick Moinyhan of New York. A man who should have been President, IMHO, typified an Ivy sprezz,...
Visited my hometown 6/8- 6/21. No longer used to the climate. I much preferred my stay during 1/14.The frigid temperatures and two snow storms reduced the crowds and imparted a special beauty toplaces like Central Park. The weather in no way inconvenienced me, although several get-togethershad to be cancelled with friends and family who were snow bound in Connecticut and Long Island.Hotel rates were less than half those of last week.
Club Collar available in 16.5? Measurements? Thanks.
Measurements for both shirts in 16.5? Thanks.