or Connect

Posts by comrade

Around thirty years ago I had a similar experience with Brooks Bros in Chicago. And that was the "old" BB before they became a mass marketer with branches in in shopping malls and cheap asian imports. I received a complete refund and have never bought any tailored clothing from them since.
"OR if you have a trusted tailor in NYC/Montreal area that won't break the bank (custom suit for under $1k) please let me know." If this is your price point then ignore the suggestions. All are multiples of $ 1k.
Loehmann's went out of business several years ago.
We aficionados often prefer Veldtschoen construction for our wet weather wear: https://www.reddit.com/r/goodyearwelt/comments/3ifocw/some_questions_about_veldtschoen_boots_and_their/? For a high end version from Edward Green: http://www.fransboonestore.com/products/2nd-delivery-edward-green-dundee-veldtschoen-construction-in-rosewood-country-calf-grain-leather-last-59?variant=13816969607
It is beautiful, but it would be better with vent (s).
The quote is from Arsenic and Old Lace (1944) and in this case it refers to the latest victim of the "The Curse of Union Square": Ghurka, purveyor of "travel bags and leather goods" closed its' San Francisco "flagship store". The Post Street retailer hosted an elegant Style Forum Meetup in January 2014 , which, if I recall, included a bartender doling out good Scotch. I am no retailing maven, but there seems to be an unusually high number of vacant stores in the...
Yeah, in a Midwestern bland sort of way.Ex- Speaker Boehner, also from the Midwest,managed to dress with a certain flare usuallyabsent from the GOP.
How are their shirts, especially "country shirts" other than very full cut? They certainly aren't very expensive.
"I have used Bob Stankovic for many items with success but am reluctant to use him for jacket shortening." I have. It was successful. Caveat: You probably already know this, but the more one shortens, the more the pockets will seem too low. In my case, if I recall correctly, it was less than 1 inch.
Cleave: Love the tie. It looks like it is 3.75 to 4 inches wide. Correct? That's the width I prefer.