or Connect

Posts by comrade

I usually wear them on the Moors up here in the Bay Area.
A sport coat should look good with plus- fours. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--pBt0plRGR4/VHn3pGxezYI/AAAAAAAAC4A/myo93GH7oYo/s1600/plus43.jpg
The BV is feminine IMHO. The V is too shiny. If you are going to spend big bucks on a briefcase, you might as well go for some gravitas. Neither do.
Does that mean that they discard the pattern on which your MTM was based?Or, is it a matter of there no longer being a "production run" of the model onwhich the pattern is based? That's equivalent to what happens with RTW.
I believe that Samuelsohn makes "exclusive " suits for Paul Stuart. In other words Paul Stuart does not sell the current Samuelsohn models but only its own models. I visited the NY Paul Stuart store last year and tried several sport coats. None of them met my standard for virtually unpadded "natural shoulders". Yet in a much less distinguished store in San Francisco that carries standard Samuelsohn models, I am able to find jackets to my taste. The Greenwich model, for...
Gus, can one just show up for the Trunk Show w/o an appointment? For previous ones, appointments were de rigueur. I am not sure when I'll be in the City. Please clarify?
My tailor is Bob Stankovic in Menlo Park. He's done some complicated alterations for me, e.g. shoulder alterations with outstanding results. Several other SF members also swear by him. Unless you express urgency, he may be late with the job. Also a very nice guy, a great schmoozer. Stankovic Bob 1142 Chestnut St Menlo Park, CA 94025 Stankovic Bob1142 Chestnut StMenlo Park, CA 94025 (650) 323-9614
From the comments over the years in SF he is a superb tailor and a pleasure todeal with. I am not in the market for bespoke, but if I were, I would reluctant to choose him because his house style is not to my taste.