or Connect

Posts by Steve Smith

Price includes US shipping. Use measurements to predict fit. Spectacular Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Nubby Silk Dinner Jacket. Two button, Double vent, Mother of Pearl Buttons. Full canvas construction. This was built as formal wear, but IMO it can also be used as a sport coat because of the nubby fabric and the two-button construction. This jacket is just insanely cool. There are a few very faint small smudges on it, guaranteed to come out with dry cleaning. ...
Price includes US shipping. You can't beat this deal. Short Sleeve Knee Length Brooks Brothers Cotton Pajamas. All are size Small. Tops measure approximately P2P 23, L 28. Waist is elastic, 28 through about 34 should be the best range of fit in the waist. Retail $79.50 Red Blue White Stripe Seersucker. $30>>$28 White Orange Blue Check. $30>>$28SOLD White Yellow Blue Black Check. $30>>$28SOLD
You can buy NWT Brooks Brothers 1818 suits on B&S for around $300. These retail at about $1000 but can be found for less on sale. The made in USA BB or HF inhabit a sweet spot IMO. Spending more money can get a better suit but with greatly diminishing returns. And I agree with one of the posters above. A properly fitting $400 department store suit looks better than an ill-fitting $4000 suit.
This is correct. On some models at least, AS is using a single-row nail pattern which previously signified C&J. And I concur that 87 is a Sargent last.Referring to another post, Sargent is using that crescent of embossed dots across the sole.
^ I have experimented with removing stains on ties and decided that it is not worth the trouble. YMMV.
Damn! I am getting returns for fit at about 5X my usual rate. On items which I am providing measurements.
Prices include US shipping with tracking. These shoes are first quality (unless otherwise noted) but have a mark in the insole which prevents return to retailer. No returns. All photos are clickable thumbnails. I am happy to ship to other countries. The shipped weight of a pair of shoes will almost always range from 3 to 5 pounds. Go to the USPS website, enter your country and the weight of the package for a quote. That will give you a real close, if not exact,...
I probably still have some of these. So even if you find this thread closed, contact me if you want to buy. Price includes US shipping. You can't beat this deal on a quality cummerbund. New Brooks Brothers Makers Cummerbunds. The Black and the Burgundy are English woven silk. The Dark Gray is wool. All are made in USA. Retail is $95. $32>>>$28 Sizes available: Black Small-Medium Gray Small-Medium Black 346 Large-Extra Large (ext to 53 inches) $25 Black...
An odd jacket is a suit jacket without trousers. It is sometimes called an orphaned suit coat. The odd jacket is the origin of the sport coat.Some orphans work better than others. Finer weaves, pinstripes, finer patterns, less contrasting buttons...more orphanish. Coarser fabrics, brighter colors, more vibrant patterns, contrasting buttons...these work better when using as a sport coat / odd jacket function. There is considerable overlap in the fabrics / patterns used...
Excerpt from the description of a sport coat I sold a few days ago: Measures P2P 22, Sh 18 7/8, Sl 22, L 29.75. Note that the sleeves have been adjusted (hemmed) a little bit shorter than average. There is fabric available if you want to let the sleeve out an inch or so. Know your measurements. Message from buyer today: I just opened the package that arrived today and the sleeves are way too short. I will get it shipped to you within the next few days. or Just...