or Connect

Posts by Steve Smith

New with tags and hang tags Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Dark Gray Glen Plaid Regent Fit Saxxon Reserve Wool Suits. The plaid is subdued to the point that these look like solid gray from more than a few feet away. Full Canvas construction. Two button, Single vent. These are off the rack (not custom) Regent Fit suits made in Italy. Baste stitching in place in the shoulders and sleeves, sleeve unfinished, button pack in pocket. Trousers unhemmed and plenty long. I...
Sometimes the reason that a person is buying MTM is because physically they are outliers and they need this to get a good fit. So of course those suits will be unusual in some measurements and will be difficult to sell. I have scavenged buttons off Golden Fleece Custom jackets because measurements are so bad,
I provide a link to Andy Gilchrist's 'How to measure a suit' in my listings, but I am still convinced that most ebay buyers think it's too complicated.Here is a fun one from last night. BIN listing (not OBO) on New Brooks Brothers 1818 3 piece suit, listed at $335 plus shipping.Buyer: $200 shipped to my zip code?I didn't respond.1 1/2 hours later Buyer: Can you give me the front rise on the pants?Yeah, I'll be getting right on that.
More like a 45R IMO.
My listing price is the starting price.An important rule of negotiation it that you don't negotiate with yourself. If you name the price twice in a row, then you are negotiating with yourself.That said, because we are talking about relatively inexpensive items I will sometimes do it just to save time. However, if someone asks me for my best price and I give it, then I will not go any lower. Many people like to do that negotiating gamesmanship of asking for the best...
If it's not the first rule then it is pretty close to that.
Years ago ebay was full of it: JC Penney not Brioni Kiton...
Agreed. I would like to see it again.
Take your jacket to a mainline BB store which offers the MTM program and look through their fabric samples. If they have it then they will make a pair of trousers to your specifications. Expect to pay a hefty price.