or Connect

Posts by Steve Smith

:foo:Price includes US shipping. First quality unless otherwise noted. Black Fleece Size Chart. http://www.brooksbrothers.com/null/bb-size-guide-bf,default,pg.html Red Big Check OCBD BB0, BB3. $55 Multicolor Madras Short Sleeve BB1 $45 BB3 with Minor Mill Flaw on Back $40 White OCBD BB1sold, BB5 $55. White with Crimson / Navy Blocks OCBD Shirt Dress. P2P 18.25, L 45.75. BB2 Retail $250. $80. Fine Wale Corduroy Button Down. Light Gray BB1, BB2. Navy...
There are many reasons while an auction system like ebay makes no sense for SF. Effectively what we have now is like ebay's BINOBO (Buy It Now or Best Offer). I sympathize with the OP to some extent, however I have observed that on the average SF buyer is more knowledgeable and less of a cheapskate than what I encounter on ebay or even on AAAC. The single most irritating thing I encounter (infrequently) on SF is people requesting stupid measurements. I recently had a...
I would call it a 35R. IME smaller-sized stuff goes as quickly on SF as it does on ebay.
That hanger has too much slope, making a prospective buyer wonder if it is some odd custom tailored construction.
^ +1 for proper use of the word suiting.
^ It has a '70's look.
The first one I would just call a pinstripe. The second is a houndstooth with a blue overcheck.
Is the construction different? No. Any feature of a blazer can also be on a suit coat.If you are differing on this point please list the differences. Specific, measurable differences in construction which differentiate a blazer from an orphan suit coat.
I would also offer him a full refund if he wants to return it. I once had a trainer ask me if I would rather be right or be rich. This is one of those cases. The small amount of money involved here (the shipping fees) is not worth taking a negative feedback.In other words, I would argue the orphan/blazer or odd jacket/sport coat case all day in theory with an SF member. If he is a buyer I take the return. I would rather be rich than right.
People get wrapped up in the difference between an orphan and a blazer as if it is a significant difference.Are the buttons different? Almost always.Is the fabric different? Sometimes, but not always.Is the construction different? No. Any feature of a blazer can also be on a suit coat.So if you have to look at a label to decide whether it is an orphan, it doesn't matter. If the buttons are pictured in the auction, what does it matter what the label says? I'm not...