or Connect

Posts by CityofChamps

Thanks @Jorge Vince is pretty lenient with the customisations. Last contact I had with him he said he had 200 orders to fill, so I guess it's catching on that he's a good guy that makes a great boot.
Gentlemen, just wanted to chime in about my Truman's. My makeup is natural roughout, unstructured toe, commando sole, cap toe, no pull tab, and speed hooks. I've had mine about 2 1/2 months, and like the commando sole so much I might get my White's resoled with it. Imo, the speed hooks are the way to go for ease of on/off. I have non gusseted tongue and have no problem with it twisting. Here's some instagram pics. White's farmer/ranchers and Truman, then a shot showing...
@linafelt @meso I know you guys are all over the White's thread, but these boots are legit. Vince only has one set of lasts that he bought from a company out of business. The toe is slimmer than White's (I have farmer rancher with soft toe) but that is what I liked personally. His last is a little wider than the D smokejumper but the length is close to the same. Oh and the customer service is from the guy making the boots.
I received my Truman boots last week. Here are the specs... Natural roughout Unstructured toe Toe cap No pull loop Color 8 cxl tongue I have a pair of White's smokejumpers and sized the same which I think, once the sole breaks in, will be perfect. Vince's last is a little bit wider then a standard last (imo) but fits my foot perfectly. (pic note: The tongue is twisted and not that high in reality)
It's nice to see those work boots mixed in with all those pretty boots around here. They look like they're holding up great! Any resole?
@jrosenthal All of this stuff seems so subjective,and sometimes people are looking for affermation and not information, but here is what worked for me. The break in on my brown oil tan farmer ranchers was about 100 hrs before they felt great. I used Bick 4 from Bickmore to condition and soften the leather and it did help. Bick 4 will not darken the color, leaves no residue, and I applied it to both outside and inside of the boots on the tongue and hot spots. I also...
 Those are some nice boots, man.  The farmer rancher is built on the smoke jumper last.  Technically if a farmer rancher had the vibram 100 sole, it would be a smoke jumper.  I can't help you on sizing compared to the semi, unfortunately I don't own a pair in that last.  Side note:  I just went back and was looking at some of the picks from this thread; there are some amazing looking boots!  Better than a google search.
 If you haven't already, take the time to read all 5671 posts in this thread and not only will you learn about the leathers, you will learn about lasts and heels and vamps and everything White's.  I found out that I knew very little about shoes and boots before stumbling on this thread and have learned a lot.  Unless you have unlimited funds to blow on trial and error or time to spend selling boots on ebay, it is worth ($$) the read.  
Bl@ster is a member that has posted pics of a crazy amount of boots and owner of the burgundy classic work boot I posted above.  You can go back and find his pics on this thread and many of his boots show up on a google image search of White's boots.  I did not request this stitching, but I also didn't custom order my ranchers either.  I got mine from White's ebay store, so they came as is.  I actually prefer the "standard" way of the heel vamp over the upper, but didn't...