or Connect

Posts by brlfvr

Good info to pass on for my next pair. Just curious as to what adjustments may be possible to fix these as best as can be.
Before I take these to a tailor I was wondering if anyone wanted to chime in on what they think went wrong with these MTM pants. I thought a rise problem. They seem to go to up the bum as well as the obvious crease creating a riding pant look.
Quote: Originally Posted by Leonard Leroy I dropped something, but my pants are too tight to pick it up, and my hands are stuck in my tight tight jacket. Funny and stylish +1. Everybody's posing.
Without scarf, because it was warmer than I thought (click for shoes and socks): Thick as Thieves midnight navy suit H&M shirt, IIRC Shoes are some old burgundy wingtips and I honestly don't remember what brand--eBay, as usual. Probably Allen Edmonds. Scarf was from UO, I think This is one of the best shots for a TaT suit I've seen. I disagree about it missing the skinny tie though. I think this looks more modern, especially since the pants seem more modern...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr Sand Hmm... First I must say that I really like the design - yet more for a pillow or some other luxorious accessoire made of silk. One cannot pair it with a suit and a shirt the traditional way. I don't think it will look good with other conservative suit styles like a white shirt and a navy suit. I'd rather wear this tie with a brown sportcoat (to repeat the brown tones that are in it) and raw denim (for the blue tones...
[quote=Style_Deficit;977811]Noob observer here .. about a year since I posted a WAYWT pic ... the last one was ignored .. that hurt.. and gave me food for thought ... I know I'm breaking a cardinal rule by mixing brown suede boots and a brown "manbag" with an otherwise black outfit, but I quite like it nonetheless ... Is that a cardinal rule? I think brown and black can look quite cool together. It's just a different vibe. More casual if you will. I think...
Quote: Originally Posted by Leonard Leroy If I had a pair of slacks, I would be wearing them. It's an interesting shirt, I normally don't do designer stuffs. (CdG) This kid knows color and fit better than most.
+1 Pinoy this is very nice. Great hoodie and boots.
Quote: Originally Posted by chorse123 The tie is wool! Hard to tie small. It's nice to be a finalist. I am never going to win one of these things. You won in my book by a mile. The tie overall looks a bit big and not crazy about the pocket square. But the blue check shirt and mostly solid blue tie with shoes that are the perfect tone of brown to go with that AMAZING fitting and elegant looking suit. That stuff looks movie star and the...
Great color suit. I would stay with darker color ties like you see in the photo for contrast. I like deep purples (some say eggplant) with that color which in the photo looks like taupe which has more blue in it than tan(yellow) like the suit in the photo. A dark brown tie wouldn't be too much brown, in fact I think it would be great. You could even wear a pale blue shirt underneath with it. I agree about being cautious with slimming down the pants with linen. The tighter...