or Connect

Posts by sleepyinsanfran

- waxy or grain leather used in the long branch doesnt make a hot-weather boot- nor does a massive plastic sole - you'd be better served with a leather sole (stays cooler), perhaps add a mini lug half sole.- leather lining/insole works the best for hot weather, or unlined would be better still a simple calf unlined ankle boot (such as the mcadam, independence soles) works great as a hot weather boot. but they ddin't sell much because most people buying boots want a lining...
got some rancourt loafers from BB (online), which while scheduled to deliver Tuesday evening, apparently arrived in the city Sunday morning, but those darn FEDEX people are simply letting it sit at the facility till tuesday evening. such a-h*les.   There, rant done.   Any idea if whether BB will do makeups with Paraboot again in the future?
@kentyman : I dont think your shell has dried entirely yet. Before doing anything else, I would let the shoes sit for at least a week  more. When shell absorbs water, it dries verry slowly. Even if the surface feels dry, water would be embedded in the membrane (which shell is) for longer than it does on cowhide (which is mostly epidermis). I think you should wait for a week letting the shoes sit in a well-aired place (but not in the sun), before trying more things.
 The leeds fits narrower, even though it's supposed to fit the same as other 1 last shoes.IMO, among 1-last shoes, the fit of different shoes goes as follows: (from narrowest to widest): Malvern chukka < Leeds ptb < Dalton boot < dundee chukka = TownleyThese differences are marginal however, but I noticed them because I like to wear shoes/boots with a very snug fit.The townley shell (if they are the same lasts as used in the past) would fit like the dundee shell chukkas,...
^ Thanks!  Attila don't have boots listed on their website, but maybe they'll make me a pair...
some amazing whiskey & ravello today. Uncle mac's ravellos are sublime (as one has come to expect).   I went with the trusty color 8's for a trip to ikea. Thankfully the wife doesn't know what these cost: would have made it hard to buy cheap furniture for the guest room :D  
Did you order from them by phone/email? Would love to know how that went. I am thinking of getting a pair of goyser boots made in a traditional austro-hungarian last, and considering who to get them from (Vass hasn't replied to my emails yet)
 Looks great!! I like what you did with shining the edges more than the middle so you avoid the uniformly polished toecap, which can look affected.  Also the shoe looks sleeker with your method.  I have dialed down my own mirror shine routine since I moved to an organization with a more relaxed (sartorially challenged ) environment.
too much polish, esp if a soft cloth leaves a trail when you rub
 heh. you must've been spending all your change at starbucks and pricey college eateries. How anyone manages their finances is entirely their business.