or Connect

Posts by iotan

I believe that you can make a tracing of your feet and send it to Viberg and they will advise you on sizing. However, I have never done that myself. I just think I remember reading that stated somewhere (but I may be imaging it).Although I am sure that the sizing advice on the board is overall close, It does seem like there might be some significant variance based on foot shape or something. Based on advice comparing to Alden and Red Wing sizing, I would have thought I...
Thanks SVB. That seems logical. I was concerned that it would somehow throw off the shape of the taper if not done from both sounds, but I guess even if that is the case it would not be noticeable when tapering only small amounts (e.g., tapering down to a reduction of 0.5 inches at the hem).
I was also wondering how your tailors dealt with the selvedge line when tapering the legs on your chinos. I am considering trying to get my pair tapered more. Thanks!
I was in an RRL store yesterday and saw a different version of the selvedge officer chinos that are a heavier weight again (I think over 10.5), but I believe the weave numbers were even lower than on the 9.23 oz version. What type of effect should that have on longevity and fading? The price was still $240 for those interested.
Is that their straight or slim fit?
Giving in Style is online. However, it looks like the earlier reports were accurate. I do not see any RRL included. Any chance somebody else sees something I am missing?
Based on your description (cost of $220 and 9.23 ounce) and that you were asking questions in the Blake x RRL officer chino thread, I think the older officer chinos you are referring to our the selvedge officer chinos, which start as a darker brown, selvedge, and tend to fade like raw denim. The officer chinos you linked are not quite the same (the khaki is much lighter, I think the material is a bit lighter, and they are not selvedge).From a sizing perspective, I...
Does anyone know how the shirts fit in comparison to other brands frequently discussed here (Gitman Vintage, Epaulet, WvG, EG, etc.)? I do not see any measurements on the website. Thanks.
This may be a bit outdated but I think most of the LA-area stores are still accurate...http://www.engineeredgarments.com/stockist.aspxThe American Rag at Fashion Island had a pretty decent selection last time I was there (a few months ago though) and Mohawk normally has a good selection, too.
You should be good. I am 39"/40" and this season's medium Bedford fits me although on the slightly tight side.