or Connect

Posts by iotan

I can't quite put my finger on it but personally I am just not a big fan of the copper.I think the cinnamon roughout might be good if they still do it:I also like the roughout in the following pic (although it is also from a few years ago):Also, thank you for all your time and help pulling this together, Fok.
That is quite the bummer (it happens though; no worries) . Kills both of the make-ups I wanted. In regard to D, I would probably advocate the roughout used on the boondocker rather than the copper. I am also really interested in some kind of two-tone offering. So I at least would be interested in other suggestions along those lines that Guy or anyone else has.
As I understand it, orders can be placed for any of the make-ups that at least 4 people will commit to buy. So, assuming that everyone who voted is actually willing to go through with a corresponding purchase (probably only applies to the two-tone as there are way more than 4 votes for all the other make-ups), then I think all of the proposed make-ups will be made. Fok, do I understand correctly?
So are the medium Bedfords a bit bigger in the chest this year? For the year or two, the medium Bedford is slightly too tight in the chest for me but the large is much too big in all other ways. Thanks.
My suggestion would be something along the lines of: style: Service Boot leather: Vintage Tan Roughout toe cap: Brogue Captoe Baroque Toe Cap (maybe straight but probably not) last: 2030 Last (possibly 2040 if too many people found the 2030 too narrow) sole: Dainite Sole or leather sole Basically, something along the lines of the follow collaboration with Nigel Cabourn but without the pre-distressing: The other makeup I...
Do you all know if they have any lighter weight yarns available? I am afraid the ones I have seen would be too heavy basically the whole year in Atlanta.
I was told it is just the denim. I think the ones on sale are more of a lighter, summer weight denim.
If possible, I would probably be in for a brown-shaded cordovan (mahogany, whiskey, etc.). I also would probably be interested in the pebble grain whiskey you suggest but would propose doing it on a sleeker last (e.g., 2030). For that matter, I would be interested in the two-tone one they have on the site if in a seeker last.The other suggestion I have is a normal service boot in a sleek last (so along the lines of 2030 Last, Brogue Toe Cap, Dainite Sole, No Box Toe) in...
I would also love to get some insight into second hand stores in NYC that people have seen EG or Post at.On the Alden front, I would probably suggest Leffot or Epaulet as they often have some more unique make-ups (although I think some places have wider selection of Alden overall, especially in comparison to Epaulet as it is not solely focused on shoes).Food-wise, I am a huge fan of Mission Chinese (spicy Sichuan, but a bit more fusion-y or less traditional than most...
Freeman's Sporting Club on Rivington St. in NYC had some viberg boots (2030 last I think) when I was last there a few weeks ago. I cannot remember if they were specifically service boots though.Inventory also now has an NYC store at Extra Pl. They may have viberg but you probably first want to call and check.