or Connect

Posts by iotan

Yes, I have a 40 in the 3a (lumber cardigan) and it fits fine. I would probably be fine going up to a 42 as well for a slouchier fit. So, I would guess that as a J. Crew small you would be fine in either a 38 or 40. If you are on the large side of a J. Crew small, then you might need to stretch the 38 a slight bit for it to fit well, but I doubt that would be a problem (based off of my own experience at least).Note, that my experience only applies to their cardigans. I...
I would think so. I am a medium in J.Crew and can go 40 (probably a small bit short and tight at first but I think the fit is fine now) or 42 in Inverallan.
I wear Large in Gustin shirts and typically find the following size-brand combinations work for me:Medium in Gitman VintageLarge in WvG Before Dinner and Medium in WvG After Dinner (AD fits better for me)Medium in J. Crew (although there is a decent amount of variety over the years, I would say current Mediums at J Crew fit me well or are a bit big, while I have found ones from a few years ago to be a bit more loose)Medium in RRL (although there is a lot of variance here,...
I am glad someone was able to take advantage of it. Out of curiosity...how much did they end up accepting?
Exactly why I said one might want additional measurements (with instructions describing how to conduct the measurement). If not a typo, then perhaps the seller flipped the collar up and measured from top of collar down (not sure why one would but that seems like one explanation to me; yet, even then the measurement sounds off).
Looks like there might be a good deal on ebay for a 3A in white/natural (I am not the seller)...http://www.ebay.com/itm/handknitted-Inverallan-aran-pure-wool-cream-cardigan-/171235406258?pt=UK_Womens_Vintage_Jumpers&hash=item27de6cf1b2. Listed in the women's section, but I do not see anything that precludes a guy from wearing it (at quick glance it looks like a normal 3A to me). The measurements appear to indicate it to be around a 38/40 but you may want to get...
Does anyone know what stores are getting the railroad stripe in fatigue pants (or other pants for that matter)? I saw that Steven Alan has them in fatigue shorts but that is the only store that I have seen with the material thus far.
I am looking to buy an Inverallan lumber cardigan (3A) and/or vest (9H) in size 40 or 42. I am open to a range of colors and yarns but would prefer single donegal or a comparatively lighter weight yarn (cotton or some of the wool blends they have done). PM if you have something along these lines that you are looking to sell. Thank you.
If you want and plan to buy the Bison boot but prefer it on the 2030/2040 last, do not forget to reply saying so. Fok said he will try to get it made on both the 110 and an alternate last if there are at least 4 people who want it that way .
Engineered Garments (across the board) RRL (across the board) Post O'alls (shirts and vests) Gant - Rugger & Bastian (blazers and knits) Viberg (boots) Alden (all footwear) Oni (denim) Epaulet (in-house brands/collabs across the board) Converse (sneakers) Gitman Vintage (shirts) Honorable Mention: Inverallan, SNS Herning, Sunny Sports, Pure Blue Japan, WvG, J. Crew, Gustin, Sid Mashburn, Han Kjobenhavn, Persol