or Connect

Posts by tomrakewell

My Alicante suedes have arrived:
Just to add my 2 pennies, I wear UK 9.5 E in CJ348 (Drummond) and also 9.5 Olfe. The latter may be a tad shorter and feels a little more comfortable for me, while I couldn't go down half a size on CJ348.
Haven't kept track accurately, but I would guess no less than 6 full days (6am to 6pm) and a couple of shorter wears  (around 3-4 hours each).
They are the first run of Museum calf MTOs. The Olfe last suits my feet (almost) ideallly.
That's what I do. Renovateur occasionally. Combination of saphir cream and wax polish ... and a few drops of water now and then between application of the wax.
A couple of photos to show you how well my two pairs of Meermins are holding up after several wears. I'm certainly going to buy more Meermins in future.
Can't see the pictures :-(
The photo does not show anything. The shoes aren't even aligned properly.
  That last looks sweet!
On a positive note, I can report that my Museum MTO looks fabulous after a first heavy wear. I wore them yesterday 6am-6pm. Though slightly stiff at the inset, they fit me really beautifully and by lunchtime, they had softened to be one of the most comfortable shoes I have experienced on their virgin voyage. At the end of the day, I can report less creasing than I would have expected and only where it is expected. Wear to the sole is nigh ideal. This means that for my feet...