or Connect

Posts by tomrakewell

Would love to join in the Burnham GMTO, but unless the lottery is good to me, I'll have to make do with these for now ...
Gorgeous shoes.
This is a difficult one for me. I love the midnight blue leather. And I also dig the suede/calf combo in terms of material and colours, BUT I do not like the style. It is somewhere inbetween a wimgtip, a royal, and a semi ... Doesn't do it for me and I would pass on both in this makeup, I'm afraid..
Love the fox suede! Great shoes ... Gable was my first G&G, no regrets, ever.
UK 9.5 or UK10 for me please if available.
If it is any consolation, I have squeaking EGs and G&Gs. These cost a multiple of Meermins ...
There's something wrong with with the fit. With a derby lacing the quarters (?) should not touch when laced up. This indicates the shoes are too big or at least have a higher instep than your feet.
It is mainly a matter of the last and where the shoe flexes. I have had these same problems with shoes by Edward Green. Unfortunately, not something that is immediately noticeable when trying on the shoes, since it takes some wearing for the flexing to show its effects. Had the same with some C&Js that I ended up having to sell because the problem would persist. I am glad to say that my three pairs of Meermins do not show this problem at all. These are: a calf double monk...
Ha ha ... I did the same. Received mine on Friday. Great shoes.
Second time wearing my new Barclays. Love 'em .. .