Posts by Watchman1

I've seen that before. Used to be much more common on AE black Shell. Also, many used to have a grey cloudy black Shell effect going on too.
[[SPOILER]]   When I first started collecting shell cordovan 5 years ago, the word on the street back then was that AE and Alden were neck and neck in regards to their shell cordovan shoe/boot making abilities.  Back then, you had die hard aficionados claiming the strong points for each maker.  In those days, AE shell was still being done so well that I opted for their shoes several times over Alden.  The cost to quality ratio was a "better deal" IMO. However, since then...
[[SPOILER]]  Dr. Pepper, You need some more balmoral/oxfords in your life. Have you ever considered the Alden 9015? Thanks.
Final Drop....
Gentlemen,   Final drops on the kicks in my sig....   Bonkers pricing IMO...   Thanks.
[[SPOILER]]  Looking good my friend.  Enjoy them.
[[SPOILER]]  If the maker has added a bit of polish or cream of some sort, then the application of a product like VSC or Renovator will only cause the manufacturers products to smear and be cloudy. In that instance you need multiple applications of VSC and Renovator to cut through all that stuff. Thanks.
[[SPOILER]]  Dude, I was totally joking as well.  Have fun my friend. I just felt compelled to do a bit of satire myself.  And I apologize if it was too much. Just having fun. Have a blessed day.
Gentlemen,   If you want to rid your shells of that pesky dryness that we all despise once and for all, the next time the meteorologist is calling for a torrential downpour, open up your front door and chuck your cordovans out in the yard.  Keep in mind that your first instinct is to realize your utter foolishness and then go and hastily retrieve them.  This gut feeling must be resisted.  Let the raw elements pummel the dryness out of those shells.  Eagerly retrieve them...
FWIW, if you need to wear them immediately no harm or loss.   I regularly use the apply and brush in 15 min strategy.   But we are talking about a whole different animal when you are trying to cure cordovan dryness.   I have cured cordovan dryness on the darker shades with the product known as; "Leather Honey"   Nevertheless, I would not dare to put LH on whiskey, ravello, cognac, saddle etc because you run the risk of permanently darkening the shade.   Curing...