or Connect

Posts by Watchman1

Black Shell Cordovan is usually the most forgiving IME.  You can buff out and/or smother those scuffs at the top of the boot in black cream and it may fix it. Remember, your trouser will cover that most of the time. The rough and bumpy shell on the toe tip is a whole different story.  That will never go away. The thing about this pair is that it is not really meant to be a dress boot.  At least not in my book. So, bumpy shell is not that big of a deal.  If that were an...
I have actually had the opportunity to get some Loden Cordovan or whatever...Green. And, it has never really done anything for me. Everything else is great though.  
 Eureka!Dr. Pepper, I knew I liked you for a reason...you just solved my conundrum!
Well it is coming to that isn't it. Here are my personal cordovan grails: Misc Alden's in RavelloCarmina Ruby BootCarmina Navy Wholecut OxfordPerhaps another in Enzo in color 4 And after that....I don't know.... The thought that there is a place with shell cordovan whereby I have exhausted all the resources brings a certain sense of accomplishment along with some feelings of despondency.  Despondent because I don't know what else to collect... At that point, I will be...
Thanks my friend.
Ha. ha. Well, Zap is not the best with his camera skills sometimes. So, I could not get them correct.   Nevertheless, human error is always en vogue...even for us cordovan aficionados....
[[SPOILER]]  Zap, Excellent Sir! Are these Cognac Cordovan or Burgundy? Either way, they are great. Thanks.
Burz is selling his Cappuccino Bayfields???.........what is the world coming to......   Why sell a unicorn?   Just asking....
  @MrVenneri   Check out that unlined silk jacket....
[[SPOILER]]  You are looking very Mediterranean in this pic.  I really like it. Have you ever heard of Rubinacci? Based upon this ensemble, you should check his stuff out.  Some of the finest tailoring in modern times IMO. Thanks.