or Connect

Posts by aleksandr

Thoughts on the case shape?
AP RO, choose your size, the blue dial is amazing.
This thread is dangerous like that. I woke up one day to find myself the (slightly sheepish) owner of a BLNR after spending too much time in here.On the question of dates, I never bother to set the dates on my watches. I know it takes all of 30 seconds, and I like to think its my small, unnoticeable effort towards "sprezzatura" but its probably just laziness.
As I like to ask my clients, what's your endgame? We like to chat about watches, admire each other's, argue about obscure minutiae from time to time. Do you want us to say "nice watches"? Even the fakes? So some random guy waltzes in and posts and bunch of watch pictures, some of which are fake, immediately stating off on the wrong foot. To add insult to injury he then goes on the defensive, before eventually coming clean. Thanks for the entertainment, but forgive us for...
Judging by the depth of your watch knowledge, geek for sure.
Thank you, as always, for sharing your vast treasure trove of watch trivia.Also - Casio calculator??! Nerd or geek?
I fully endorse these (possible) fakes: [[SPOILER]] (NSFW!)
Good thing a bunch of real Pateks, APs, Rolex is totally within your means.
I'm no expert either, but I could've sworn there was another photo with a sub (which ShawnBC refers to in his above-quoted post) which now seems to have been deleted. That one was definitely fishy to me. Also, on the TT RO, the screws are all misaligned. My 15400 and all other pictures of ROs I've seen have screws aligned regularly around the bezel.The date font on the day-date also looks odd, but there may be some vintage thing going on I'm not aware of.
You're forgetting the Chinese. Apple is huuuuge in China, and so is bling. As much bling as you can possibly squeeze into anything. I'm predicting a vast majority of the market for the Apple Watch Edition will be in China. Interesting data point, the Apple Watch's first modelling stint was on the cover of Vogue China.