or Connect

Posts by aleksandr

I'm fortunate that this is mrs aleksandr's philosophy. Also it helps that (1) both of us make very decent salaries so household finances are never an issue, and (2) I've been into the nice thing game far longer than I've known her so from day one when we started dating (and probably importantly, before she had any say in finances) I've been buying things.
I like this one, but pretty sure it gets filed under "case too big for movement"
Nope, strictly recon. Vintage pieces don't really appeal to me, more recent pieces were somewhat pricey.There was a pretty decent 16613 (which is probably next on my kop list) at $7,300, which vaguely tempted me though pricing wasn't fantastic, but decided not to risk the wrath of mrs aleksandr with yet another unannounced unauthorised purchase.
So I went on a little reconnaissance mission for Journeyman. Figured some on here would appreciate the pictures as well so am posting them here. Enjoy. [[SPOILER]] There was an OysterQuartz available at a very nice price, but try as I might I couldn't get over the fact that it was a quartz movement.
There must be something wrong with me. The kop desire is still strong even though I tell myself repeatedly I have a very broad (though not necessarily deep) collection. Which includes a blue dial 15400 RO. Unrelated and probably blasphemous but whadya know, rubber strap doesn't look too out of place with a suit.
Have not personally dealt with him but do note that most of the watches he sells (especially the vintage models) are "no box no papers", which perhaps is one reason why they may be cheaper. Not that there is any question of authenticity, but I know some here wouldn't touch a boxless and paperless watch.
What the.. I don't even...
Rubber B is very nice and I'm pretty sure though costly, will be half or even less of the price of a standalone oysterflex. Although I should say, I have the blue version of that strap and the stripe is a lot more subtle in real life.I'm digging the YM too, but it needs to get in line behind the TT blue sub on my kop list.
I just realized the 39mm OP is also available in blue dial.
It is a nice way to fill the blue steel sub shaped hole in the Rolex / Tudor lineup. Blue white gold sub is a bit rich for most people.