or Connect

Posts by Beefeater

4.5 in 36:02. About 80 degrees out. Legs dead from workout with trainer last night or would have been faster. Trials of Miles. . .
I am a self-confessed night owl. Usually in bed around 1:00-1:30am. Don't know why but this is just my schedule, and I have grown accustom to it. So, I work out in the evenings. I do strength training 2x per week with a personal trainer and then run about 4x per week averaging 5 miles per, all usually around 6-7pm. I do work out in the morning (read: before noon) when on vacation just to get it over with, and I notice my endurance is significantly less than my usual...
6. White Rock Lake in Dallas. Beautiful, sunny skies and 75.
4 miles. 34:50.
Quote: Originally Posted by Zackb911 Just some key thoughts from years of working out and changing my weight.... I've tried a lot and it really comes down primarily to calories in vs calories out. You need to changed what you eat, you need to know what you're eating, portion control, and calories. It's a hell of a lot easier to avoid calories going in than to burn them off. How is your coffee; Cream, sugar? Think you can make the switch to tea?...
Quote: Originally Posted by D Yizz In our almost perennial summery weather anything other than your traditional wool (or worse, thick poly) suit is out of the ordinary. It is horrible having to walk 2 blocks to court after parking, sweating like a pig, entering the building and then freezing the hell out because the A/C is at full blast. I wish people here wouldn't have abandoned the cotton and linen suits. (Although I belive this is more a matter of...
Quote: Originally Posted by SlyBlackDragon http://www.bananarepublic.com/browse...scid=583139012 this is about the look I have come up with, what do you guys think? My shoes and belt will be a tad lighter, but still very brown. Glad to hear it won't be untucked!
I carry one for weddings and funerals.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mark from Plano We chaperoned a trip to Europe with our son's 8th grade French and Art teachers last summer. The French teacher, a veteran of several such trips, forbade the kids from even packing flip flops for walking around Paris, Rome, etc. You'd have thought she was banning...well...something that would be bad to ban. The kids (especially the girls) whined and complained endlessly. However, she had experienced the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr T I just ignore them. Let their words linger in the uncomfortable silence. Nice.