or Connect

Posts by heraclitus

I see what you mean about the divots. Maybe it's because the shoulders are quite structured on this jacket, I have broad shoulders but perhaps their slope is too different from the jacket's. The jacket definitely feels snug at the top, I couldn't even get into a 40. I've got a medium complexion, brown / dark blonde hair. The pink shirt was the nearest one to hand at the time. Anyhow, I've unbuttoned not just the bottom button, but both buttons, and have packed it...
Ah, I've had a sneaking suspicion about this. Odd is the word that has been on the edge of my sub-conscious. It was a rush purchase because I was tired of the sales assistant telling me how great I looked in everything, and I was pushed for time. I only have fairly basic knowledge about cloth and odd jacketing but knew somebody on SF would give me the bottom line. Although I rushed it I prepared an escape - they said I had 14 days to think about it so tomorrow it...
I picked up an odd sharkskin (I think) jacket in the sales today, it's from Crombie and apparently it's half canvassed. Seemed reasonable value for money, marked down from £395 to £95. Firstly, I'd like to know what people think of the fit. It's a slim-cut 42R right off the rack, no adjustments have been made. Apologies for the poor lighting... I think my backside sticks out a bit (that or my lower back's arch is too much for the jacket) and it might be a...
From what I've seen, they're good quality and fairly priced. Not quite C&J standard, but as (I think) they range from around 2/3s to 1/2 of the price, you're getting value for money and a good, honest shoe. I have a pair of Grensons from about 10 years ago, still holding up well! Their latest Rose Collection models don't appear to be any different from mine in general terms of construction/quality, so I'd have no reservations about purchasing a new pair from them.
I think it's called a Lego Toe - was all the rage in Tudor times!
Quote: Originally Posted by contaygious As far as I can tell, the nice shoes I see on this forum cannot be worn with jeans/linen pants correct? Mostly suits and slacks. So what type of shoes should I be looking for exactly? Thanks! I've personally always liked brown ankle boots paired up with denim, the colours can really blend well. There was a good thread showing lots of different boot styles a week or so back, here's a link:...
Quote: Originally Posted by contaygious Yeah I fit into that category. I can't wear ties and suits to work without appearing totally overdressed (I work at Electronic Arts), but at the same time still am very keen on sporty buisness wear. Small world - I also work for Electronic Arts! I feel that academe has just perfectly summed up my own thoughts on this forum; main point being that it's centered around timeless style. Judging by the...
Quote: Originally Posted by skunkworks He works in the software industry. He can at least be thankful that he isn't working in the games software industry, where a lot of men really do dress like 12 year olds.
1) "Dark brown" Grenson "chukka-style" boots - 10 years old now, no idea what the original colour / model was... 2) Black Carmina Chelsea boots 3) To be purchased!
Quote: Originally Posted by dirtrider123 So now that i've begun dressing much nicer i need to upgrade the rest of my things as well and ive decided that i need a new backpack as well, i want something leather that is very high quality, i would be using it everday for school, i was looking at this one: http://eluxury.com/estore/browse/pro...sp?id=11291624 idk what u guys think bout that one? but something that is nice and stylish to go with the nice...