or Connect

Posts by chorse123

A relative. I haven't quite determined the exact degree, but his father was from the same town as my grandfather--the same town where the original family clothing store was, in fact.I'd go with a small.Yep. The sweaters are finished to prevent shrinking.Indeed. If I do say so myself, I think they're quite special when you consider fabric + construction + cost.A little sneak...
Yeah, I'm not sure I'd even posted in this part of the thread. Yikes.Nope. American mutt.For reading, of course. This is what we new yorkers do on the subway. Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel.It's nice, but it's a constant exercise in self-restraint. There are three or four suits and two or three pairs of shoes that I'm fighting the urge to take home right now.
I haven't posted in here in forever:
What does the waist of the J.Crew measure? Also, rise plays a role in this, so I'd check that measurement as well.On second look, I'd probably cut the "too." But thanks.
MEGA response....This is our 5th Christmas shopping season. Really, there's no perfect solution. We still TAKE orders, but won't ship them until after the holidays. In fact, we usually have an after-christmas sale, so a lot of business is done in this week. Shipping any later than we will be wouldn't guarantee Christmas delivery unless we were using express mail.I'd order your sport coat size. While it might be possible to size down, especially when wearing without a...
Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving. We've been deluged with holiday orders but are somehow fully caught up. For anyone looking for delivery by Christmas, I would recommend ordering by the 20th. The last day of shipping will be the 22nd, but orders would need to be in by 11 a.m. EST. Our shipping office will be closing then and not reopening until the new year.
I'm going to reorder this week, with delivery in a few more.We're getting back to normal here. Sandy really f!@#$ed up the flow of what has already been a very busy fall. I've got some outstanding emails to answer, which is on the plate for tomorrow.Got it! Packed and would have shipped today were it not for the post office being closed for Veterans Day.Bingo. This was a complicated resizing thing we did last fall. It resulted in confusion and we fazed it out. Your orange...
We had a big run literally on a UPS truck on Monday when Sandy hit. Who knows when they will be delivered, but I'm hoping tomorrow. This includes a bunch of things, including donegal tweed (Abraham Moon), some fantastic year-round grey serge, and restocks of flannels, as well as more moleskin.The HY headquarters in midtown Manhattan are right on the borderline where power went out, so I believe we've been spared, but I have not been able to get there yet to check. We do...
We're working to keep up over here. It didn't help that last week my son got the flu and had to stay home from school and then this week I caught it. So we've been behind a bit on correspondence and playing a little catchup on shipping. In general, anything out of the conveyor belt of new orders--like returns, exchanges, etc--will usually take a little bit longer. If you're waiting an answer on something, we're working through messages but you could also email again.No....
Yes. I ordered all of them in XS, but there have been some production delays.