or Connect

Posts by Schweino

Quote: Originally Posted by Fishball Vibram yes, Dainite no. I bring my own dainite to my cobbler. And where do you buy the Dainite soles? They are impossible to find here too.
Quote: Originally Posted by ramuman How much cheaper than $100 could you possibly get for a quality job? I would just let AE resole it. Of course some on this forum simply buy new shoes so they never have to resole old ones. According to http://resole.com/Leather-Soled-Shoe-Repair.aspx they'll do it for $55. If you'll get a quality job is a question I can't answer though since I have no experience with them.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum I think they are Goodyear welted, but regardless of the type of construction they look like corrected grain and are from one of Grensons lower lines (Footmaster I think) so should be avoided. Even worse: They are from the Feathermaster range. Haven't bought them (I never buy shoes where the internal lining is not leather), was just wondering about the welting technique since I had a hard time...
Quote: Originally Posted by bengal-stripe You might mean a "˜bonwelt', which is a glued-in strip (leather, leatherboard or even plastic), which gives the look of a welted construction, but is simply decorative. http://www.barbourcorp.com/pdf/welting_catalog.pdf Quote: Originally Posted by StopPolloition It looks like Goodyear welt to me. But where do you see the top-side stitches then?
I wondered what kind of construction this shoe has: According to the seller on Ebay they are goodyear welted, but I don't see a welt on the top side on the shoe. The welt on the sole seems a little to far off to the sides for the shoe to be a Blake welt and the seller told me that there wasn't any stitching to be seen on the inside of the shoe (although that could have been covered by an insole). Could this be a Bonwelt? If so, then the stitching on the soles are...
OK, I'll bite: Grenson Foster Canvas Oxford (dark blue), semi lined. I also have cream white Grenson canvas derby shoes with a red Dainite sole, also semi lined.
Quote: Originally Posted by mr monty Markowski http://www.markowski-chausseur.fr/fi...0et%20Bottines Nice, how is the quality? Fully leather lined?
Quote: Originally Posted by Horatio Well, we'll see I don't expect anything else than a gemmed construction. Please let us know when they arrive, I'm interested to see how the quality is. Also: how much was shipping and in what country do you live? It seems they don't mention it on their site and although they have language options at the top of their page, it doesn't seem to work (and my French is a bit rusty....)
Quote: Originally Posted by hamish5178 In Vienna earlier this summer, 501s were 100 Euro for 90% of them, with a few older pairs going for around 65. They had awesome red ones though! Also, Chuck Taylor high tops were like 70 Euro, shit is insane. Same here in The Netherlands, that's why I mostly buy my jeans/shoes/shirts online from the US or UK
Quote: Originally Posted by Horatio They are goodyear-welted, other colours are also available Markowski Richelieu Bout Golf été No purple suede