or Connect

Posts by Schweino

The last pair I got (Sharp boots) has leather insoles. To be hones, I've never seen Grenson's with a fiberboard insole (Did see them on the Loake L1 range tho). The problem with current Grenson;s is that the overall leather quality is crappy and the level of finishing is sub par (botched stitching, paint spots etc).
Very nice!
I'll have my cobbler take a look what the exact issue is when I'll take them to him for a full resole this weekend. I'll ask him to take pictures of the welt when the sole has come off.
Yes, I do, But I think all current Grenson shoes are overpriced compared to their lineup a few years back. Nowadays all they have is made in India for almost the same price as they used to charge for made in England shoes (the Rose line). I mean, 200 UKP for made in India shoes? (see http://www.grenson.co.uk/en_gb/shop) I have many pairs of Grenson shoes and ordered one pair since the Tim Little takeover only to discover they have gone downhill quality wise. I would stay...
I bought it's cousin a few months ago:
Just what I expected, also thought it looked like as if the welt had come loose.The insole is okay by the way, the shoes are perfectly wearable. These shoes have fully leather insoles too.About a possible resole fault: these shoes are still on their original Grenson branded soles, I don't think they ever had a resole.
If it doesn't say "made in England" on the inside of the shoe they are made in India. Also, Rushden line has red insole cushioning, Rose line dark brown.
Yes, this is how they looked when bought (I stripped, cleaned and repolished them now):http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=527764&image=535883241&images=535882924,535882974,535883016,535883059,535883099,535883147,535883195,535883241,535883294&formats=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0
My thoughts exactly.DWFII: care to share your thoughts? Ever seen anything like this?It looks as if a part of the sole curved upwards.