or Connect

Posts by Schweino

I have for sale a nice pair of burgundy grain boots with a Dainite studded sole made by Alfred Sargent. After buying them new I have worn them 2 or 3 times because, unfortunately, they are a tiny bit too short for my feet. They come with a spare set of laces (brown laces, the boots are currently laced with black laces). Shoe trees are not included and I seem to have misplaced their original box . They are a UK size 8 and not marked with a width fitting but they fit like...
Lovely pair of Stuarts Choice cap toe oxfords in beige suede with a lightweight micro sole. After buying them new I have never worn these because, unfortunately, they are too narrow for my feet. They come in their original box with a spare set of laces. Shoe trees are not included. They are a US size 9D, which should convert to UK 8F. Shipping within the EU is 21 euro (registered, insured) outside the EU is 36 euro. Inside the Netherlands they can either be picked up...
Crosspost from Recent Purchases since I didn't get a clarifying response there: Just got these and wondered what is causing the odd creasing when I walk (see 2nd pic). The shoes are not too big or wide in my opinion, the toe box feels a bit too narrow actually. Will this cause any major permanent creasing when I actually start to wear them regularly?
As you are going to Northern Europe I would recommend boat shoes with a lug sole. Timberland has them: They are durable, comfortable for walking and can be used in various weather conditions (even snow/ice).
Just got these and wondered what is causing the odd creasing when I walk (see 2nd pic). The shoes are not too big or wide in my opinion, the toe box feels a bit too narrow actually. Will this cause any major permanent creasing when I actually start to wear them regularly?
Get these: http://www.bexley.com/Bexley/shoe-Embauchoirs-ACCPRD-EN.htm?blocReferrer=12621 They ship abroad and are on sale now.
Managed to get a hold of some NOS Grenson shoes in my size: Unknown Grenson Masterpiece semi-brogue oxford in dark brown: Grenson Kent (Rose collection) in burnt pine: Grenbson Chertsey unlined (Rose collection) in cognac: Grenson Maltby (Rose collection) in snuff suede:
Tried that before with a different pair of shoes but in the end the result wasn't satisfactory. I learned it's best to get shoes that fit properly from the start and get rid of the ones that don't.
Can anyone commment on how their studded rubber sole compares to a Dainite studded sole?
Ordered a pair of Grenson Radley's (old Rose collection) from their site But received these instead: They look nice and are of better quality (Masterpiece collection) but I'm returning them since the E width is just too tight for me. I find it strange how they could have made the mistake by putting the wrong shoes in the box although the SKU inside the shoes do match with the SKU on the box (but not to the SKU on my bill which is Radley Size 8 Colour Cognac...