or Connect

Posts by Schweino

That is certainly not the case. Thanks for sharing that their customer service isn't what you would expect of it so others can steer clear of this brand.
Rendenbach does the same and it's usually completely worn away after a few times of use.
Xpost from the Yanko shoes thread: The speed hooks of my new Yanko boots appear to be very sharp. This is how the laces look after a one time try out of the boots for 10 minutes: Is there a way to avoid or fix this? I have other boots with speed hooks and they have a brass like color instead of silver as Yanko uses and they haven't damaged any laces after years of use.
The speed hooks appear to be very sharp. This is how the laces look after a one time try out of the boots for 10 minutes: Is there a way to avoid or fix this? I have other boots with speed hooks and they have a brass like color instead of silver as Yanko uses and they haven't damaged any laces after years of use.
Yanko boots, happy socks, BR chinos
Yes they are a G width indeed. I got size 8 which is my regular size for shoes made by Grenson, Alfred Sargent, Cheaney and C&J. I do need size 8.5 in Church though. I normally wear F width shoes and boots but do own some Grenson boots in 8G.What surprises me is that these Yanko boots have very wide shafts. As you can see the lacing closes entirely on the top part of the boots with room to spare. None of my other boots have this.
Just in: Pros: great color, very supple leather Cons: Laces way too long and shaft is wider than other boots I own (and my feet are rather on the wide side than on the slim side) Minor QC issue: Multiple (5) speed hooks were completely pressed down, had to pry them open with a flathead screwdriver. @patinePL @Skolyx: Do you know if there are any derby laced boots on last 915? And is your experience also that last 960 in G width has a pretty wide shaft? Will...
Quality shop is online only. They have a shop in shop in The Hague but that is on the west coast of the Netherlands, about a 2 hour drive from the German border.
@patinePL Keep adding those natural sunlight outdoors pics! They make the shoes and boots look so much better than the stock pictures. Immediately ordered another pair of boots ☺
Loake 1880 Hyde maiden voyage. Pretty good for a beater boot.