or Connect

Posts by billsayers

Not going to lie, that scene made me want to go on a bender.
I am getting tired of the one upmanship of shows killing off its main characters for shock value. Boardwalk Empire waited until the end of Season 2, Game of Thrones was near the end of Season 1 and now True Detective offed its main character at the end of the second episode? Also, the second episode was worthless dribble and the only saving grace was Rick Springfield as the creepy psychiatrist.
I would argue that De Palma has some actual merit as a filmmaker. Blow Out and Carlito's Way are fantastic with some nifty camera work and tense storytelling.
Who cares? Hope he died a horrific death.
I bought into raw denim seven years ago and never looked back. Previously bought and wore jeans that were on trend at the time and I regret the money wasted on them. Raw denim takes time and effort to break in and that is what I like about. I guess the time invested in them leads to me developing an attachment to the jeans I would not have otherwise.
Did someone really recommend a Hugo Boss suit and mention it is comparable to Brooks Brothers? To the OP, paying $500 for a Hugo Boss suit is not the end of the world but you could certainly do better for that price. Hugo Boss is fused and of poor quality; I speak from experience as I bought my share of them when I was younger (also bought a lot of Emporio Armani and they are equally as regrettable). Brooks Brothers' 1818 range of suits are half canvassed and much better...
After reading through all of the great knowledge shared in this thread, I got my Wolverine 1000 Mile boots in Brown. Thanks to all who have provided their insights on how to buy and care for the boots. Bought 1/2 size down from my normal dress shoe size, treated with Obenauf's LP and added a Vibram half sole before wearing them for the first time last night. Below are a few pictures of the boots when I got them back from the cobbler yesterday. Decided to go with thin...
Apologies for bumping an old thread but has anyone tried the Design Your Own suits? I am tempted to purchase a couple of Milano suits as their standard size fits me fairly well. However, I am skeptical about the lower price; $648 for DYO vs. $998 for RTW. Are the suits still made in the U.S. or Italy? Is the quality the same as their other half-canvassed RTW suits (1818 line)?
To all the guys that bought Vass shoes recently, how did you go about your order? NMWA does not carry my size, Notch is no longer declaring a lower value for customs (he told me he was going to open up a web store soon) and Vass (Mr. kutil) seems to no longer take direct orders. I am looking to buy three pairs and any information would be greatly appreciated. For what it is worth, I previously bout my Vass shoes from Notch and Ascot shoes.
Crappy episode...the only interesting scene was Don talking with Lloyd in his office about advertising. The whole commune scene was a waste of time and served little purpose...we know there were hippies in 1969 and Roger was/is a horrible, self-absorbed father. WTF is Weiner doing with the final season? If he is setting up a "comeback story" for Don, does it have to be so blunt and heavy-handed? Does the story arc really need to go the route of soap operas with characters...