or Connect

Posts by billsayers

Keep in mind that Suit Supply has working/functional sleeve buttons. If you have to get the sleeves shortened, they would have to take it in from the shoulders which is more complicated and expensive.
Hard for me to comment on APC's sizing for all of their products but the jeans and shirts I bought from them all seem to be vanity sized. I usually wear a Small but APC's Small shirts and polo shirts fit big on me. However, I have no clue on the size of their coats, jackets and shoes.As for how to measure your actual waist, I think the simplest way is to measure across your navel and make sure to not tighten the tape measure (no matter how much you might hate the results).
Thought I would weigh in since I have multiple APC jeans in a variety of cuts.First, are you absolutely sure your waist size is 30? I ask because you stated you are unable to button more than the bottom button on the Size 28 PS which leads me to believe it will not stretch out enough to ever be comfortable. It would be worth getting a tape measure to determine your actual waist size (clothes are vanity sized so it is hard to determine your actual waist from the tagged...
Not going to lie, that scene made me want to go on a bender.
I am getting tired of the one upmanship of shows killing off its main characters for shock value. Boardwalk Empire waited until the end of Season 2, Game of Thrones was near the end of Season 1 and now True Detective offed its main character at the end of the second episode? Also, the second episode was worthless dribble and the only saving grace was Rick Springfield as the creepy psychiatrist.
I would argue that De Palma has some actual merit as a filmmaker. Blow Out and Carlito's Way are fantastic with some nifty camera work and tense storytelling.
Who cares? Hope he died a horrific death.
I bought into raw denim seven years ago and never looked back. Previously bought and wore jeans that were on trend at the time and I regret the money wasted on them. Raw denim takes time and effort to break in and that is what I like about. I guess the time invested in them leads to me developing an attachment to the jeans I would not have otherwise.
Did someone really recommend a Hugo Boss suit and mention it is comparable to Brooks Brothers? To the OP, paying $500 for a Hugo Boss suit is not the end of the world but you could certainly do better for that price. Hugo Boss is fused and of poor quality; I speak from experience as I bought my share of them when I was younger (also bought a lot of Emporio Armani and they are equally as regrettable). Brooks Brothers' 1818 range of suits are half canvassed and much better...
After reading through all of the great knowledge shared in this thread, I got my Wolverine 1000 Mile boots in Brown. Thanks to all who have provided their insights on how to buy and care for the boots. Bought 1/2 size down from my normal dress shoe size, treated with Obenauf's LP and added a Vibram half sole before wearing them for the first time last night. Below are a few pictures of the boots when I got them back from the cobbler yesterday. Decided to go with thin...