or Connect

Posts by Raneleigh

I think that's fair Fok, totally on board with your plan.
  I LOVE it!  Casual 1800's meets contemporary street!
Fok, I propose the following:   If we are permitted future GMTO's, then you create a list of available options based on your initial conversations with Brett, et al.  Designs (based on what we've seen from previous offerings, previous GMTO's, previous prototypes, etc.) are an open playing field.  But the types of leathers available, the types of soles and everything from the type of eyelet and the minimum number permitted to the types of laces are pre-established....
You are emphasizing my point exactly...managing it better here by giving us parameters to work within will alleviate all the drama and the negative posts.  Canceling the SF GMTO program isn't the answer, revising the process is.  Page 2 on Google will then show how much we all love the boots that WE had a hand in creating, further perpetuating a passion for the brand.  Better to overwhelm the negative voice than attempt to bury it. The only reason Brett is part of the...
I respectfully disagree.  It's all in how it's managed here way before Viberg is even involved.  If we were given a set of strict parameters to work within (i.e. - types of leather available, types of soles, minimum number of eyelets, etc.), then 98 percent of the issues that occurred last time would evaporate.  I was as confused as the next guy as to what we could and couldn't do and I know this stuff!  There was some turmoil over cat's paw heels and soles for example,...
From a guy who has participated in the last 3 GMTO's and had his designs made 3 out of 3 times (Blue Collar Shitkicker, Garage Boot and Route 10 Chukka), I can tell you that I think the bickering, the back and forth, the pushing of the limits, the elements that get shot down and the little victories are ALL part of the creative process! I think passion is being mistaken for "bickering" here. If we all weren't so passionate about Viberg, do you think we would really care...
 I like that Chelsea pattern a lot!
 Finally!  A new release on the 110 last!!!  Woohoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh...wait, my bad...2030 again.  I misplaced my glasses. Liking that leather though...
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pubd-spHN-0 Sorry, couldn't resist! 
First of all...I think we owe @Stickydonk a round of applause on the Hopper Boot design, what will surely go down as a hall-of-famer in GMTO history!   Second of all...anyone order the Apsley boot today?  Anyone?  Anyone??