or Connect

Posts by Raneleigh

Yep.  Interesting make up though...not one you see very often.
I hate to say it, but the sole looks a little orthopedic to me - wish it was on dainite or even gloxi-cut, with partially structured toe and regular tongue (not gusseted). But hey...you can't please everyone.  
 Exciting!  Thanks Fok!!
 Not sure if this helps, but I'm a D width and the 110 last (EE width) is perfectly fine, no issues at all.  I don't even need to wear thick socks with it, I just wear normal medium weight socks.  It's very comfortable, no slippage and no discomfort.
 That is just f--ing crap!  This is what I was talking about the other day.  Just no excuse for this type of stuff to make it out of Alden's doors!  I feel vindicated and saddened at the same time.
 Made in the USA by Rochester Shoe Tree Co. (very well made I might add!): http://www.rstco.com/Home.htm They are called "Western" boot trees because you can use them in cowboy boots.  Don't let that fool you...I use them in ALL of my boots, as was recommended to me by a high end shoe and bootmaker once and I've never gone back.  Regular shoe trees just don't cut it for me in boots and chukkas due to the higher vamp.  These trees have a higher vamp support and conform...
 Try one size down on the shoe tree or better still, get these boot trees instead - they work great on chukkas:  I only use boot trees on boots and chukkas and reserve the shoe trees for shoes only.
Thank you for the kind words and the support, I really appreciate it.
Thank you.
Yes, I think you are absolutely right.  I was just disappointed.  I had wanted these boots for a long time and was looking forward to getting them finally.  I'm so turned off, I don't even want them anymore.  Doesn't mean I don't still love these: