or Connect

Posts by Jompso

Well Wes, it would seem here, that you're correct in many ways. Just a couple small things that help pinpoint the dating on the tag and a small correction. First after closer inspection, this tag lands between 1935 and 1955, due to the A.F.L. stamp on the upper left corner and yes, they were registered or stamped as registered on their labels, actually I am fairly sure their first label, the one at the turn of the century, had a Registered stamp on it. Anyways, Before AFL,...
They are quite glorious aren't they. They are like the perfect combination of all factors of a sport coat as far as construction is concerned, cut will depend on which style you picked up, but for the most part, they have the softer neaopolitan style shoulders that sorta roll off, yet still have structure, enough structure to dress up but not too much to dress down, the 3/2 roll buttons (my personal favorites) land perfectly and the fabric is fucking out of this world....
the band is shit and broken but the watch itself is in pretty stellar condition. The casing is supposedly titanium, so this may be the reason the watch isn't all dinged up, I am sure however, that there is a similar metal that emulates titanium that is used on fakes. It's crystal too, can see the dial as clear as day. It's definitely Quartz and needs a battery, but its a sporting watch so the fact that it's powered by electricity and not an oscillating pendulum and 25...
 Thank you for the kind advice. Just next time do me a favor, use more industry specific terminology that you clearly know I can follow extremely well and that I am understanding every word that is typed and the meaning of these words. I have never looked at a watch in a thrift store in my life. Sunglasses and pocket squares are the things I ask for in the class case. I don't ask for shit I know nothing about, but I was feeling curious and asked about the watches cuz there...
Definetly worth it and am planning on doing so
Nah, I'm not, I originally made this comment because the situation was relatable to someone else who posted. It then reminded me of how that guy was sly as shit, waiting for me to run my card before he said anything so I could no longer return it, because that is. And believe me when I say this. Exactly what he did. He was busy with other people, he was only helping me. But I wasn't and I'm still not holding onto to shiy. I thrifted the fuck outta that place, They need a...
Of course, but are you implying that the behavior exhibited by the salesman wasn't questionable as far as honesty is concerened? I mean I'm spending 150 bucks already, I'm giving your store a little business and it doesn't get much. Perhaps it's due to scumbag moves like that by the salesmen. I wanted to really fucking lay into him so bad but just bounced and sat in my car wishing I had said more....and I don't know a goddamn thing about Tag Heuer except how to pronounce...
are you addressing me? because if you are, yes, yes I do get it. I also get the manufacturing and production costs of extracting enough of this fiber to make just one suit, Extrapolate that number to the point that you have enough wool to make actual workwear, used for actual durability and functionality required from your clothing type work....it would be about 10 suits worth of some of the finest wool in the world. The shit would cost as much as a mid tier Benz
I checked watches at this place about a week ago. There was a whole tray, so I was diggin through hopin I might find some buried treasure. Low and behold, although a little smaller in size, a titanium Tag Heuer. I nonchalantly collect myself, turn to the cashier and hand it to him and say that I will take that a long with everything else. He says ok great I will ring you up right now. Proceeds to charge me for everything and ring me up, the second I run my credit card he...
Sorry didn't see this, and although I addressed my meaning in depth in my other response, gotta poke a hole in this rational. Are you suggesting that, if it were the case, that 14 micron wool was more durable and the best type of wool to use to make workwear with, that they would in turn actually produce workwear out of 14 micron wool and then actually attempt to sell said workwear? If by workwear you mean the coat you wear from your maybach to walk to your G5 cuz you...