or Connect

Posts by Giuseppe Mancuso

Quote: Originally Posted by Mac I just saw this message in my Facebook feed, with a link to Tom Ford's 2011 Autumn/Winter line: http://www.tomford.com/#/en/menswear/autumnwinter2011 This shit is way beyond. I love it. I'm a tailor. not one those who call themeself tailor. I love your suit, in siluette and finishing to me are the best compared to any good ready make company and even better of the big names who do M.T.M. In Feb...
Since I retire I'm happy to help those who need suggestion about fix : pant or jacket ,big or smoll alteration -- send a foto, if is a pant front,back and side. for jacket front wich shows if front is smoll or big in to that picture is important first put a pin on first button a thight you like the jacket , wile the pin is on make a picture sides too make sure shows clearly how sleeves enghen ( Balance) on the back . add descrition what are your aspectation . I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Giuseppe Mancuso For those who look for a good Bespoke M.T.M suit I strongly reccomend Harry Rosen ,Toronto Bloor St.-- On Feb. 10 ,2011 I meet Harry Rosen , he proudly show me a bespoke jacket in the window was a peace of Art. Then he took me to see the tailor shop where was done, that was the best present I receved in that trip to Toronto. Was there more of five good tailors working on jacket in to look them my...
Quote: Originally Posted by Giuseppe Mancuso After I see the item you like to alterate I tell you first if I goin to do ( if I thing do not come better the new I not go to toch) than price wich dipend in what you look for. E.g : A pant Waist e Seat in or out can be $ 15.00 charge - Same pant which need professional attention as, 2" waist in Seat OK .will be $ 100.00. That avoid what atletic figure ,in do take in waist front pocket...
Quote: Originally Posted by Giuseppe Mancuso I did for the pass 55 years M.T.M . Bespoke Suit . From Apr 1/2011 ritire. By appointment I can do any alteration or ,Re-cut a suit ,at my home Call 604-565 4421. 3562 King Edward Ave W. East of Dunbar St. A Grey house after a Jellow one After I see the item you like to alterate I tell you first if I goin to do ( if I thing do not come better the new I not go to toch) than price ...
Quote: Originally Posted by office drone Anyone know a good tailor in Vancouver? Preferably someone who recognizes the modern slim fits these days as I would like to update the fit of my suits. Thanks. I did for the pass 55 years M.T.M . Bespoke Suit . From Apr 1/2011 ritire. By appointment I can do any alteration or ,Re-cut a suit ,at my home Call 604-565 4421. 3562 King Edward Ave W. East of Dunbar St. A Grey house after a...
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptChaos Try Tony Arletto at European Tailors on Thurlow. Tony does all the work himself by hand. I had a suit made there last year and am quite pleased with it. He does full custom as well as alterations. European Tailors 842 Thurlow Street @ Robson 604-684-877 Tony Arletto , I had the pleasure to meet him in his shop, on Thurlow, he is a good tailor. For reading information Tony from 2005 . move from...
Quote: Originally Posted by beny That's not the point though... the jacket will fit poorly if you have that much of a taper in your torso. The pant shown: picture 1 at the side pocket need help, 2 picture shown seat and crotch need take in ,3 picture shown pants thigth on front. All three can be avoid in to : add dartz on front 3/4 " -- Crotch in 1/2 " . If you are 46 chest and waist 36 ,I assume seat 42 You need a M.T.M. or try the best...
Sharpet suit it is the one fit good to you according posture and personality.And for shure can't be a ready make. Found a good tailor and have a M.T.M. If you vant to see what means a M.T.M. or Bespoke see: www.bespokesuitbypino.com
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbris1 I ask because I noticed on 2 of my suit coats which are side vented the vents seem on the short side. I have another suit where the vents go up to where my belt is. To self: (Hmmm, perhaps the overall length of the coat is a tad short even thouh it's my tagged size & bought new? I'll have to check tonight.) Side vent lenghten goos with jacket style Ex: a casual jacket can have vents short as 5" , a...