or Connect

Posts by Usonian

Anyone have any advice for how to get my shoes to stop squeeking? my LM hiro double monks start squeeking after I walk in them for a few hours at work. How can I get this to stop? They're like entirely broken in and quite comfortable, except for that damned squeek come 2pm every day.
If you already have two dark brown shoes you may want to consider the burgundies. that's what I'd go for anyway.
Yeah, you'll find about a billion different "blue jeans" pop up on Gustin's site. Since I'm assuming you're relatively new to this whole thing, you are quite correct in the intricacy of each pair of seemingly blue jeans being in the fabric. Each fabric has generally different weight, different cotton origins, different weaves, different treatments that make them all kinda unique, not only in their makeup, but with how they develop. So often people kinda fall in love with...
Anyone have the selvedge high tops and want to share pictures? I'm a complete fiend for their shoes suddenly...   Thanks for the pics derrida!
Wooooowee! scooped up some of those white sneakers on the moving sale yesterday. I may pick up those blaxkxblacks now too, just because I can... I mean, I want both...   Who has pictures handy that they want to share of the black black shoes? And the whites while we're at it?
I have entirely mixed reviews on my Meermin breakins. I bought a pair of suede chukkas which broke in beautifully, and were fine after just a few wears. I also bought a pair of double monk chukkas (LM) which are incredibly comfortable, but kinda squeek a little when I wear them for more than a few hours. I'll wear them to work and they'll start getting squeeky early afternoon. I also got a GMTO double leather plus commando sole, which I've worn many times and are still not...
 I have wider feet though, I just sorta compromise and get Hiros in 10UK, I should be getting US10.5E. How does the olfe compare regarding width? Those single monks are absolutely gorgeous by the way. That's basically exactly what I want in a single monk. But thank you for your help! the elton actually doesn't look offensively (in my opinion) chiseled anyway, so I may just pull the trigger on them...
Two questions:   Is that the first time they've used this aubergine color? Because it looks gorgeous, but I want to be sure. and also, how does the elton last compare to the hiro? I'm not a huge fan of chiseled toes, I much prefer sleek, rounded lasts, but I may be willing to make an exception for those short aubergine chelseas.   AAAANYWAY, thank you in advance!
I know this has been discussed several billion times in here, but how do the sneakers fit? I need white shoes, and I'm not spending 200 more dollars for a few little gold numbers.   I'm generally a 10.5E after break in, should I be going for the 10 or the 11? most of my sneakers are 10.5, so I can't really compare to those...
Anyone have experience with Ron loafers? I'm generally a 10.5EE, but I suspect I may be a 10EE. I own three pairs of meermin on the hiro last in 10uk, and they all fit completely fine once broken in width wise, but I suspect may have perhaps half a size too much length to them. So this questionable length has me curious about a loafer, which I wouldn't have the opportunity to tie any tighter. So, if anyone has experience with wide feet and the hiro and Ron last on...