Posts by Usonian

can anyone speak to the potential awkwardness of the toe puff on these guys? almost everything about these is perfect, but the toe puff just looks kind of... awkward... especially compared to the alden toe puff.   I know it's an unlined chukka, so it isn't exactly supposed to be the most formal shoe in the world, but for those of you that already have them, does the puff chill out after a while? Or is it at least less aggressive than the pictures show it to...
thanks shawl! I definitely need the width though, no doubt about that. Maybe I just go ahead with the 10s and bite the 25 bucks or whatever a cobbler will charge me to add in a piece of leather at the heel. Meermin's aren't too shabby for 175, so why not?   I've actually had a pair of navy suede chukkas for about two years of constant wear, like every other day, and just got a hole in the soul, so they will need to be resoled, but I wore the shit out of them, so I'm not...
how does the ron last fit in terms of width?   I'm a 10.5E in US lasts, and I've had pretty decent luck with ordering stuff in the hiro last at 10UK. fits relatively well around the toe, heel and waist are a tad bit spacious, would probably be perfect if I was actually able to fit in a 9.5UK, but then I wouldn't have the width I need. So with that in mind, how does the Ron last fit? I'm scared to get loafers that are a tad loose in the waist/heel, because I don't want to...
holy crapoli @Zapasman those are terrific! I've never really been too into norvegese stitching, but every time EB does it i'm blown away by how nice it is. really makes me want to get a pair just like that.
I dig the blazers, but flapless patch pockets would have been perfect.   I also prefer single vent blazers because I think double vents are like butt flaps, but that's totally just me. Either way, I think it's much better than the city coat.
Does that mean that Cranberry Tattersall is finally on it's way to me? I'm AMPED.
Eww, I'm sorry I brought it up. To counter that, id throw out a suggestion for some sleeker lasted boots. I would for sure have bought those chelseas, and the normal boots as well if they had been closer to something like the EG202, rather than a low volume Red Wing last. I'm probably in the minority on that one though, Workwear just doesn't do anything for me.
I only have two, but I've had them for almost 2 years actually, and they've been holding up quite well. no fraying, no loose stitching, nothing. They're in great shape, and I wore them a LOT, because they were far away my best fitting/quality shirts. I would wear them, toss them in the laundry, do laundry maybe two or three times a month, and immediately wear them and toss them back in the laundry. the two shirts were a herringbone flannel and a navy donegal flannel, for...
Yeah I'm right there with you, it's pretty wretched. what's next, cowboy boots?
Came up on these EG For Paul Stuart's a few weeks ago at a price that I still giggle quietly to myself about because it was so good. I'm usually a 10.5E, but these are 10.5D on the 202 last and they fit amazingly, although still just a smidge tight in the toe. I'm Suspicious the previous owner had them stretched out. On that note, is there a 202 wide last? Or an equivalent? Anyway, now I'm ruined and can't buy meermin or Carlos santos anymore (which used to be my go to...