or Connect

Posts by mwilliamspr

Quote: Originally Posted by robin You never post my comments anyway! Okay, I'll lift the ban, but be on your best behavior and no more of this PR Flack business.
Quote: Originally Posted by robin He has hated styleforum for awhile now (maybe partly due to a harmless late night drunk rant from whnay) and we're not the only message board that he gets frustrated with. http://twitter.com/acontinuouslean/status/3507531244 Link goes here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssC77hapv0g I think everyone should move on from this topic. I have already been on here twice now this week and that only...
Quote: Originally Posted by panamera I can see why you give an air of arrogance on this thread, and this was after having met you at your booth yesterday! when someone gives you a compliment (as i did yesterday at your booth)...a simple thank you would suffice... commenting back that you have a several hundred thousand hits or whatever blah blah blah hits to your blog or how your blog is superior to others since you now will have a "store" is just not...
Quote: Originally Posted by blank You should be flattered that your flea market spurred such discussion. Honestly, that's a compliment. You have people talking. Don't be a sourpuss just because all the conversation isn't glowing. I should be flattered that this conversation is going on? I'm not really. And if people are being critical for legitimate reasons than I would take that, but some of the comments here are just so baseless and...
Quote: Originally Posted by oboy_oboy I wasn't there, and I can see how this might be a take away, but I also think that the idea of fashionable expression is pretty broad. The flea was a microcosm, aimed a subset of already likeminded people, who are inclined to a certain aesthetic. As in a any group, there will be some whose takes, or "twists", on the central theme--in this case workwear and Americana--will set them apart, while others will end up more...
"One guy was walking around with something like a chambray apron and tools. Red Wings don't make you a blacksmith." This was Kirk from Billykirk who was making wallets and other leather goods. Critiquing on a message board does not make you an expert in anything.
Quote: Originally Posted by blank Everyone was dressed the same. Everyone sold the same thing. Oxford and gingham shirts. Desert boots and wingtips. PBR and Yuengling. What distinguishes Gitman from McNairy from Wolf v. Goat from RRL from J. Crew? I think the No Mas stuff is brilliantly done. Billykirk had the best presence, filling custom orders for bracelets and cardcases, doing something more than just giving out beer. "Get Handsome" was a...
I just want to say how much I hate that Continuous Lean guy.
Quote: Originally Posted by robin I think those guys only wear mark mcnairy shoes. (Alden doesn't give free pairs out to bloggers) Not true "” Alden and McNairy give me free shoes.
Some of the collection is made in the U.S., including the 1000 Mile Boot. FYI.