or Connect

Posts by 1989thenumber

Everything shrinks in a dryer. I never use it, I cold wash and only hang to dry. As a result I've never had any shrinkage with any of my TS.
If you go back through this thread you'll see that Yuketen sizing is a lottery depending on the style. I've got three different sizes.
 Welcome and congrats on your new job. Shirt looks pretty nice - there are some pics of a fella wearing it - what is his height/weight and what size is he wearing? I'd say it looks almost like it's a size too small for him - at least in the arms, anyway. Thanks.
 Yeah, "they're a bunch of miserable c**ts", as we say in London. A lot of the staff in those shops around there are pretty snobby. They seem reluctant to acknowledge that British society has changed somewhat since the 1950s.
 I think I'll have to order some of those Real McCoy's fatigues.
 I know how you feel. I'm a big OrSlow fan but never bought any trousers from them because the inseams are always too short. 
Reduced from USD180 to USD150 + shipping.   This is made using Big John's classic "KOIAI2" 12oz raw selvedge denim. Sanforized for minimal shrinkage.   It's an updated version of a Type III trucker jacket with side pockets and rear cinch. Made in Okayama, Japan.   It's a lovely jacket, but a bit too small for me. BNWT, never worn.   Flat rate tracked shipping via the postal service to anywhere in the world - USD30.   Measurements: Pit-to-pit:...
 I fully agree. I can't stand those contrived whiskering effects. They're often not in the right place, either, depending on your height.  Yeah, I think the time and effort gives the garment a lot more value, and you appreciate it more.   Same, although I sometimes have to check myself to avoid switching into "full urban lumberjack" mode. Haha. I love clothes but I sound like a pretentious twat sometimes. :-)
One of the things I like about raw denim is how you grow into them and they become unique. But I also like some of the raw denim brands because it feels like an antidote to the fast fashion of Uniqlo or H&M and so on, the cheapness of which makes it feel so disposable and a bit crap. Not to mention how the kids who work in the factories that make all that cheap shit are treated.   I get why Uniqlo is so popular - they're cheap and cheerful and follow trends. But I think...
Welcome to the lottery that is Yuketen sizing. Unfortunately they are frustratingly inconsistent. I've got Yuketens in three different sizes for three different styles. Sounds like you need to size up.