or Connect

Posts by Big A

Very small (about the size of the head of a pin). The fabric is a H&S hopsack-y looking weave, though I don't know the particularities
I have a meeting all the way up near 125th & Lenox on Thursday. Hopefully it will be mostly clear of all the official hoopla, though I imagine there will be plenty of unofficial hoopla to snarl everything up there. I especially can't wait to fight my way through the airports. Anyone know where I can get a nice, heavy axe handle uptown?
In unrelated news,some sort of creature has eaten three small holes in my pents. This has never happened to me in my life. I've checked everything else, no other issues, I've aggressively treated the closet so no life forms can survive therein, and partially paneled it in cedar (I'm not kidding). I guess the pents were just too irresistible on a molecular level, so never question the value of the pents again In all seriousness, trash or reweave? It's a more open weave...
the missus wants an open kitchen.I actually agree with you guys but if I have learned anything in life it's that if my wife wants something and I don't have a strong opinion either way, she gets it. Hell even if I do have a strong opinion she gets it.
A couple more: Ms.A in the one room that will not be completely destroyed (though the wall to the right is coming out). 80's furniture courtesy of the prior owner
Oh it gets worse. Far worse. Basically every cabinet, counter, appliance and square of tile needs to be ripped out. But the bones of the house are fantastic (all brick, steel support beams, thousands of feet of unfinished space including an entire unfinished 3rd floor) and it's on 2 acres smack in the middle of a historic neighborhood. I get to go in with a sledgehammer next week. Can't wait.
Just bought a great Tudor with the most horrific 90's interior ever. Total gut job ahead - we won't get in there for a few months. I'm thinking of posting pics just to remind you snobs how the other half lives This will get you started:
I meant I wasn't sure why he was asking me about something he said. I was clearly responding to another poster. Maybe I need to read further back in the thread, but I'd rather not.
Was I talking to you? FYI I don't have any idea who you are
I think there's more benefit than that. In my experience hand stitching has more "give," or stretch at the seams then machine stitching. Of course this might just be me trying to justify the premium I'm paying but hey, all reality is subjective, right?