or Connect

Posts by Big A

This thread is great. Looking forward to the next installment
So now that it's aired I can reveal the following: The scene at the Biltmore was taken almost directly from an experience that a well-known agent had with one of the biggest recent busts in NFL history (I won't name him but he plays quarterback and was drafted by a team in California). The guy got cut, revealed to his agent that he was out of money, and the agent lent him $500k (The player was supposedly going to recover some funds, so the agent wasn't just setting money...
True enough, but when I have spoken to other people about the show they've claimed parts of it are "unrealistic" and usually they are talking about the parts I know to be relatively accurate
The second episode I got is much better. Also, if you want to know the real story that inspired the Biltmore Hotel scene, I'll share it. I didn't want to plug the show because I'm obviously not a neutral party and I acknowledge its shortcomings. But one of the things that doesn't come across is how accurate it is as far as the interactions with athletes. The scene where DJ gives the guy $300,000 and tells him he's going to watch his money, and then the guy says "yeah...
Procuring athletes mostly
I saw a pic of you standing (at some party maybe) and it looked 1000% better than these strange, sitting-on-a-library-stool fit pics. Just one man's opinion ....
I'm not feeling it. None of the weirdness of S1, and without that it's just an extra noir-y cop show. Actually I think the show is really about Colin Farrell's mustache.
I guess I probably shouldn't mention I have an associate producer credit on that show....
Saw a casting list for next season - looks like we're flashing back to find out what really happened in the Tower of Joy. Casting seems to be looking for characters who are long dead in the TV show's timeline ....
Yes I've seen it, and yes you could pull it off, at least fabric-wise. The pinstripe is actually the a bit muted due to the weave.The fabric is almost like a hopsack - the mohair makes it stiffer as well. I just purchased a single breasted wool / mohair jacket in the Armoury's own fuller silhouette, and I'm really pleased with how the fabric wears and hangs - it's got some substance without being stiflingly hot.