or Connect

Posts by Twotone

I would definitely go custom rather than OTR. My preference would be midnight blue, double breasted, peak lapel no vent. A DB tux eliminates the need for a vest or cummerbund. In addition to looking great as a tux, it can play double duty as a more formal suit for other occasions with a long tie (instead of a bow tie). Just my preference.
"The only thing worse than a fake Rolex, is a real one." Jeremy Clarkson
I prefer pewter over gold for blazer buttons, and sewn through rather than shanked.
This is the kind of post that gets you banned from SF.
"Best" knot depends upon the tie and shirt collar style. I use a Pratt knot for most of my silk ties and a FIH for knit ties.
Your post perked my curiosity. With almost 4,000 posts, your question seems like it would be from a newbe, not a senior member. Are you just trying to drive attention to your sales links? quote name="TyCooN" url="/t/336244/finding-a-dry-cleaner-to-press-your-suits#post_6137565"]Is pressing suits a fairly standard procedure that can be done by any reputable dry cleaner?[/quote]
Up for reluctant sale is my Gianfranco Ferre made in Italy charcoal wool top coat in like-new condition. I purchased it new from an authorized retailer and have gently worn it in rotation with many other coats. It is a 40R and measures 20.5” shoulder seam to seam and 41.5” top of back collar to bottom of coat. Peaked lapels, three button closure, single center vent. It has no stains, tears or damage and has not be altered or dry cleaned. My crude photography skills do not...
My favorite cap toes are AE Park Avenue and Fifth Avenue with no preference of one over the other.
Your list is a good one, but don't put brand name over fit. Most of my suits are Hickey Freeman mainline as their 39R fits me pretty well. Go to stores, try on all of those on your list and go with the best fit. Alternatively, find a good local MTM tailor and have one made with your choice of style, fabric, options, etc. If there are no decent tailors near you, make an appointment with one before your next trip to NYC or Chicago. mytailor.com and other traveling tailors...
Here's another problem area:"Lower rise pants because I like to wear my pants below my belly button"Suit trousers are supposed to fit at the natural waist, not like hip-hugger jeans. Ask the bride/groom about the general wedding dress code before you go shopping to make sure you don't stick out like a sore thumb.