or Connect

Posts by Twotone

I'll cast the dissenting vote and say make it into a blazer. Change the buttons to brass or pewter and you are good to go. You won't get much if you sell it and changing buttons won't cost much either. It won't be an office blazer but will still look good on weekends, casual nights out or travelling. If you don't like it after the button swap, sell it then.
Seiko 5 automatic and $4,900 in clothes and shoes.
Forget the tan shoes. Go with oxblood, or possibly brown.
Another suggestion: http://www.sirtoli.com/
Too much wrong to list. Button stance is too high and quarters are too open. Should not see your belt line and bottom of the tie. OTR and some tailoring would have been better and less expensive.
I met with a J. Hilburn rep today and took a look at a sport coat, shirtings and suit fabrics. The sport coat said "Made in Portugal." It felt half canvased with fusing. The fabrics were "no name" without reference to country of origin or mill. J. Hilburn strikes me as the Amway of MTM clothing. Reps are hired without training -- she had no idea of fabrics, construction or source of material. They will hire anyone and say "go get them." Based on what I saw, their shirts...
The "best" knot is the one that fits the tie and shirt collar. For me, FIH for woven silk ties and Pratt for everything else. Whatever floats your boat.
Nice suit. The vest pocket watch chain and a wrist watch, however, are a bit of a faux pas to me. A bit like wearing a belt and braces.
Breitlings are nice sporty watches, not dress watches to be worn with a suit & tie. Within your buget are a lot of nice watches by Omega, JLC, Girard-Perregaux, Baume & Mercier. IWC as well as slightly used top tier watches (Patek, AP & Vacheron). Go shopping in Switzerland knowing that prices are probably lower here in the states.