or Connect

Posts by Twotone

made to measure by a local (not on-line) tailor
Back in the good old days (75+ years ago) shirts were separate from collars. If the collar was dirty, you just changed it. Of vice versa if the shirt was dirty. Now, it's difficult to find a laundry that know how to properly wash, starch and iron separate collars.
Has your tailor made suits for others? If so, I'd ask to see his/her work and talk to previous customers. There are a lot of very qualified MTM/bespoke tailors in NYC with lots of history and great reputations. No need to have a tailor learn how to make a suit with your money and fabric.
Are you planning on losing weight and getting back to your previous size? If so, I suggest going with less expensive suits in your current size, then upgrading to better suits when you hit your target weight.
Here:http://www.seagullwatchstore.com/Classic-Rodina-Automatic-Wrist-Bauhaus-Watch-p/r005-arabic-white-dial.htm
I posted this in the general discussion forum and also adding it to the PMW thread. Bauhaus on a Budget – a Rodina Review I love the Bauhaus look, but unfortunately neither the Stowa nor the Nomos fit in the current budget. I’ve been on the lookout for a similar style at a price point that I could afford. A little Internet research turned up several good reviews on this Rodina Bauhaus homage so I decided to pull the trigger. For one hundred ten dollars shipped, I figured...
I love the Bauhaus look, but unfortunately neither the Stowa nor the Nomos fit in the current budget. I’ve been on the lookout for a similar style at a price point that I could afford. A little Internet research turned up several good reviews on this Rodina Bauhaus homage so I decided to pull the trigger. For one hundred ten dollars shipped, I figured I did not have much to lose. I’ve spend more on high-end watch straps. I remember seeing some vintage Russian “Rodina”...
It's just below the knee for me.
As I mentioned in my original post, I wear a 40R suit and bought a 40R trench coat. The fit is close to perfect.
I have been looking for a new trench coat for some time and this one showed up on a search: http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1838417/haggar-classic-fit-double-breasted-trench-coat-men.jsp?skuId=HaggarAcircreg+Classic-Fit+Double-Breasted+Trench+Coat+-+Men&search=HaggarAcircreg+Classic-Fit+Double-Breasted+Trench+Coat+-+Men&submit-search=web-regular A 20% additional discount (check on-line coupon codes) and free shipping was too good to pass up. It arrived today and is...