or Connect

Posts by Twotone

All of the above vintage/used watches are great suggestions. If you are also considering new watches, you may want to look at Tissot, Tutima, Baume et Mercier, Hamilton and Oris. All make nice automatic watches well within your price range.
Just curious if there are any interesting fathers' day sales coming up. I'm most interested in suits, shoes and ties. Thank you in advance!
made to measure by a local (not on-line) tailor
Back in the good old days (75+ years ago) shirts were separate from collars. If the collar was dirty, you just changed it. Of vice versa if the shirt was dirty. Now, it's difficult to find a laundry that know how to properly wash, starch and iron separate collars.
Has your tailor made suits for others? If so, I'd ask to see his/her work and talk to previous customers. There are a lot of very qualified MTM/bespoke tailors in NYC with lots of history and great reputations. No need to have a tailor learn how to make a suit with your money and fabric.
Are you planning on losing weight and getting back to your previous size? If so, I suggest going with less expensive suits in your current size, then upgrading to better suits when you hit your target weight.
Here:http://www.seagullwatchstore.com/Classic-Rodina-Automatic-Wrist-Bauhaus-Watch-p/r005-arabic-white-dial.htm
I posted this in the general discussion forum and also adding it to the PMW thread. Bauhaus on a Budget – a Rodina Review I love the Bauhaus look, but unfortunately neither the Stowa nor the Nomos fit in the current budget. I’ve been on the lookout for a similar style at a price point that I could afford. A little Internet research turned up several good reviews on this Rodina Bauhaus homage so I decided to pull the trigger. For one hundred ten dollars shipped, I figured...
I love the Bauhaus look, but unfortunately neither the Stowa nor the Nomos fit in the current budget. I’ve been on the lookout for a similar style at a price point that I could afford. A little Internet research turned up several good reviews on this Rodina Bauhaus homage so I decided to pull the trigger. For one hundred ten dollars shipped, I figured I did not have much to lose. I’ve spend more on high-end watch straps. I remember seeing some vintage Russian “Rodina”...
It's just below the knee for me.