or Connect

Posts by Buckeye Nation

Don't be afraid to use Saphir Dunnin Graise and / or Greasy Leather Cream on those...
If you are interested in this topic, I suggest you look at the posts by mtc2000, starting around post 76815This guys did a lot of testing on stripping shell and then finishing with Angelus.FWIW, even Natural shell shipped direct from Horween comes with a finish on it.Regards,BN
Saphir Dubbin Graise will darken CXL upon initial application, as will nearly all other products. After about 30-40 minutes (once absorbed) the color of the leather returns to its initial state.I use this stuff extensively on many things, including Shell Cordovan.Natural CXL Cow, Natural CXL Horse, Natural Cordovan - I've applied it to them all with the same effect.
You should give Saphir Dubbin Graise a try, I use it extensively on Natural CXLCheers,BN
Because, you know, that's what Richard Heads do....
The matter of the #2 is completely irrelevant - any and all info related to Alden is welcome here, as you are well aware.Joe is a common troll - pay little to no attentions. My last recollection of his drivel here was when he jumped on Mike about "hand made", and letting us all know that Alden's aren't "hand made" like St.Crispins, etc.Because, you know, he is the Oracle, and the only one who know what "hand made" shoes are.Just don't feed the trolls, and all is well.
Go back a few months in my post history to see a reasonable comparison of Reno vs VSC; I was like you - but my opinion is a bit different post test.Regards,BN
No joke, me too - happy birthday to us, you've got me by 12 months though....
I'm not certain what Alden is doing, but we know they do refinish shell - I'd love to know though.What I know for a fact is shell from Horween comes with a finish applied. I know this finish is indistinguishable from the finish on my Aldens - on the original shell you can see where the finish is not applied and the shell is matte along the edges.At 0:08 in that video you can see the shine on the #8 shell - when the guy is "burnishing" the shells boots in that video, the...
I have shell, direct from Horween - the finish on my shell is the the same as the Alden finish.I have multiple wallets from Ashland. Then natural shell has the same finish as my shoes.You can track down picture of this in my post history, I don't have time right now to repost it all.Cheers,BN