or Connect

Posts by CrocsRock

Quote: Originally Posted by makewayhomer IMO these are all super ugly. But I guess maybe this look is trendy Keep in mind, Viberg is only just starting to get into the fashion boot industry. Their roots are in designing and producing utilitarian workboots. This, they do splendidly. Yes, someone might choose to wear the boot I posted above as a fashion statement. I personally would not, nor would I really understand doing so.
Take a look at the Konosuke HD series. Semi-stainless and seems to be getting universally good reviews. Apparently takes a very good edge on stones as well. And steer clear from Misono now. Great knives, but they recently gave their line a massive price hike (50-100% in a lot of cases). Dollar-for-dollar, there are now a fair number of better options.
Yep, it's a Bobcat, but they cut it slightly higher for me. And yeah, I skipped the pebbled leather. I'll likely go something similar in a brown with some changes and a slimmer sole as a hiker.
All right, after lots of procrastinating, I finally took pics of my winter boots. I'm convinced I need hikers in a dark brown with a couple of small changes, but in a similar style so I'm going back for more sooner or later. For now, these will stay my winter boots. Yes, I just removed the insole to get a peek at the construction, the pictures include views both with and without the tongue protectors, and as the boots prominently say on the side, they are size 14 but I...
I believe bullet belts are in the "pre-buzz" stage of the Styleforum / iGent hype cycle. Stay tuned, folks.
Hm, too hard to pick just one, so I'll also cheat and do three. In no particular order... The Fall Hands down one of the most aesthetically beautiful things put to film. The storyline is nothing wildly inventive, though it is fun. This one is here solely because of the visuals (and I'm a sucker for Lee Pace, thanks to Pushing Daisies) After The Thin Man I'm a big fan of the Thin Man series, and adore William Powell and Myrna Loy. So, not wanting to cheat the list by...
That's one way to go about smoking two cigars at once...
Hm, last girlfriend was 6'. Last date was about 5'10". I'm 6'8", so it'd be nice if I could find someone closer to my stature. Though not too many 6'4" gals out and about. Ah hell, who am I kidding? As long as she's soft and smells nice....
-Conspicuous branding -Guys who leave the sleeve tags on their suits -Rayban Wayfarers -Guys who take on feminine sartorial affectations (longer feathered hair, skinny jeans, makeup... if you want to crossdress, fine, but go whole hog) -Pleated pants -Uh, the things to the left.... -Ed Hardy, Affliction, pseudo-MMA-inspired clothing. -Uggs (I do forgive them when they're worn by those gals during winter who also wear those winter leggings) -Fleece -Coach...
Yep, I had them come in at the end of January. We then promptly got ourselves a couple snow dumps, so I got to take them for a test drive. I'm definitely glad I sized down, as the 14 seems to be bang-on. I went with the EE width, as I was anticipating having to wear thicker socks with colder weather (the D width was just a hair snug). However, they're very well-made and do a good job of insulating on their own. YMMV, but in hindsight, I do wish I'd gone with the D width....