or Connect

Posts by RobinM

Tassels in Hong Kong did the #8 Pebble Grain 
 Looks like a minor problem with the glazing finish.  A sparing application of this will restore the original plasticky luster, if that's what you are looking for.  Alternatively, try using some paste wax.
 Picts dated 6/12/14     post #84481  
A few years ago, uncle Mac posted pictures of himself wearing one saddle NST and one regular NST.
Not all boots are created equal.   Alden leather/rubber Commando soles are not particularly robust.  The leather "mid soles" absorb moisture and could create a lot of problems. 
I always have the same thought whenever I see somebody asking for opinions about the "defects" on brand new Alden shoes.   
The gentleman with the $10k #4 listing should revise the auction description. Any customer who would seriously consider such purchase doesn't really need to be remined a million times how rare these shoes are. I assume the seller wants to sell the shoes to someone who appreciates the boots rather than just some sucker.
 Most interesting.  Priceless time capsule samples.  
Very true, but many only care about rarity.  Anything that is labeled as rare, they'll jump on it, regardless of the actual shade of color.  Rare shell trophy shoes, that is.
 TheShoeMart, and Alden Shop of SF/DC offer Cigar LWB, chukka and PTB on a fairly regular basis.   Call them and check, if not in stock, have your name on their waiting list.   Alden of Carmel also offers the Cigar LWB regularly.    I think you should also consider Ravello.   Cigar could be real dark, depending on the particular batch of hide and stain used.