or Connect

Posts by RobinM

Experience over the years tells me Vass' "antique Cognac" could vary from medium tan color to fairly dark brown. There is no real rigid standard. When one places an MTO, better specify the exact shade desired, and just hope Vass can allocate the available shade of shell for the particular MTO. Once I orderd 4 pairs of shell shoes in one shot, two in Whiskey, and two in Antique Cognac. I ended up with four different shades. No complains as long as I get matching color...
Any guess on the number of Ravello Plaza Indy?
Come to think of it, my financial advisor LIES too. Hummmm.For somebody who is paying $4k for a pair of Alden, he is either too rich (or stupid) to really care if the seller is either lying or not.
My assessment, 379x is similar to Modified, but with a lower instep, and slightly wider waist.
Mdub has become the curator of the Alden Philately Society.
If I were you, I would accept the restoration refund, and sell the shoes. Freshly restored Cigar Alden should comand a decent price. Take the money and get a new pair. Alden or something else, your choice.
Instead, loosely stuff the suede shoes with some rolled up old socks or face towels. Keeping the form while not stretch the shape.
In the pursuit of individual happiness. Guess it is mostly worth it, considering €1000 will only buy you a pair of plain Jane John Lobb Paris RTW.
Personally, I would pay a little more and get the shoes through NMWA. The lead time through Notch has been really lousy.
Call Adam and ask for a partial refund