or Connect

Posts by golfinz

Are chocolate and dark brown different?
@Ironist  Thanks!  The new tobacco is very nice, imho.  I'm not sure which is which, but the tobacco belt I have and the tobacco shoes I have are different shades of tobacco, which makes me believe one is from the first supplier while the other is from the newer.  When comparing them side by side, there is very little difference.  The shoes are a little bit darker and have their own character.  You really need to see them in person to appreciate them.  If you are on the...
I think the Robert last is the most similar fitting to Simpson while keeping to a similar chiseled shape toe.  I haven't tried a Robert last on, but from talking to the people at The Armoury, they recommend the same size between the two lasts.   The Rain and Simpsons fit entirely differently.  The toe boxes are different (and not just width), the instep is different, and the heals are different.
@ScottMC Scott, I did the same thing with a pair I sold (made a FS post in a thread).  Best way to do it, without breaking the "rules," is to put it in your signature.  That way, whenever you post, it's at the bottom of every post.
Maiden voyage:
Just got another package from the wonderful Steve!  The newest member to the family is the chocolate suede adelaide to go along with its brother, the tobacco suede adelaide. The tobacco suede is from Skotie and the tobacco belt is from Steve. As you can tell, the belt and shoes are a different shade of tobacco, due in part to Carmina using a different supplier, but they are close enough to wear together. As usual, Steve was on point with everything!  Thanks again sir!  On...
@Kent Wang  Any chance at making a shoe smaller than size 7 for us small footed guys
Just got another package from the wonderful Steve! The newest member to the family is the chocolate suede adelaide to go along with its brother, the tobacco suede adelaide. The tobacco suede is from Skotie and the tobacco belt is from Steve. As you can tell, the belt and shoes are a different shade of tobacco, due in part to Carmina using a different supplier, but they are close enough to wear together. As usual, Steve was on point with everything! Thanks again sir! On...
Holy shit! If those are a uk5.5 and you ever get tired of them...I'll buy them! Great boot and great just Steve and GFW! Keep kickin ass
 These look awesome!  Mine will be here this week!!  I also got the exact same shoe in the tobacco suede a few weeks ago.  I'll post pics of both when the chocolate are here