or Connect

Posts by dirtrider123

Does anyone know of a bespoke tailor that has the capability to make a leather jacket that is lined completely in cashmere (so that it is reversible)? After seeing the Louis Vuitton Leather/cashmere jacket in esquire, I have known that a jacket of that sort is my dream jacket. However, I have read that the jacket has a $5,000 price tag and I have never seen it for sale anywhere. Thus I was wondering if there were bespoke tailors that work in leather and have that...
anyone? would they need to be made bespoke at this point?
I saw these alexander mcqueen boots and was wondering if anyone knew where to get a pair or a similar balmoral boot with that unique rear lace up detail. I just thought that it was a fairly unique cool addition to a balmoral boot. Thank you guys in advance, Ben
My new favorite/grail briefcase: http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item...ri+-ni+0-t+-k+
could a tailor simply go in, remove the old stitching and restitch it without having to replace it?
Quote: Originally Posted by Fred H. Anyone recognize THIS case: I think that the "last bag" one is close but not quite. does the poster or anyone know the make of this bag?
Quote: Originally Posted by Fred H. Anyone recognize THIS case: does anyone know what briefcase that is??????!!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by dirtrider123 Thank you, The fabric, etc is in good condition, it is just the stitching on the waistband lining that is falling apart and such, where could I go to get the pockets and waistband lining replaced? What tailors offer this service? can anyone answer some of these questions? I want the entire waistband lining/curtain replaced (unstitched and have a brand new lining/curtain replaced with higher quality...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mark Seitelman Yes. These are routine repairs. I have not had a new waistband done, but I have had new trouser pockets, new trouser lining, and a re-lined coat. Just make sure that the rest of the suit is in good condition before undertaking the expense which can run a few hundred dollars. Good luck. Thank you, The fabric, etc is in good condition, it is just the stitching on the waistband lining that is...
as an aside from my orginal question, can a bespoke tailor remake a suit from a pre-existing suit (as in a suit that I already own)? I am wondering because I have a suit that I love the fabric of, and it has sentimental value to me but the trouser waistband is going downhill, etc. Could a tailor at least put a new trouser waistband and pocketing in the pants, and new lining in the jacket?