or Connect

Posts by spidey

For sale is a used, but very good condition Allen Edmonds Strand in Black size 8.5D.  I recently got these from the previous owner who took good care of it.  I've had a very difficult time getting the right fit in this Last 65. This pair is too long on me.  I put in tongue pads but it really didn't help much.  I'm more of a size 8E in this last.   I wore these once, and the previous owner probably a couple of times since he had fit issues as well.   Comes with Allen...
For sale is a very lightly used pair of Allen Edmonds Walden Penny Loafers in Burgundy Size 8.5D.  I wore these once, but these are too tight for me.  Previous owner probably used these a handful of times based on the wear on sole.  I'm open for a trade as well on the same shoes for a size 8.5E either black or burgundy.   There are a couple minor blemishes that didn't really bother me as the shoe is pretty dark.   Shipping is less than $10 in US only (not sure how much...
For sale is a used, but very good condition Allen Edmonds Kenilworth in Brown Burnished Calf in Size 8.5D.  I bought these recently from a fellow SFer, who probably only wore it a couple of times.  I wore it once, but the 65 Last is very tricky on me.  I can't get these to work so I'm offering it here first.   Includes box and shoe bags.  Shoe trees not included.   Free shipping to CONUS.    Paypal only. 
Well, I'll answer part of my question.  Just found the link below regarding sizing.  So as I suspected the 8.5D is more like 9D. https://www.alden-of-carmel.com/fitting.htm
Hi.  Newbie here and first post.  I've been browsing this thread for some time and really love some of the Alden shoes and boots I've seen here.  I recently acquired a pair of used black Alden PTB style # 2817 in Plaza last size 8.5 B/D.  Not having tried Alden before, I took a shot hoping this is somewhat true-to-size.  Unfortunately, even with a soft insole I put inside, my heels are still sliding out.  These shoes look to be slightly longer and wider than my other 8.5D...