or Connect

Posts by clarinetplayer

Post script: Buck Farmer did well for his major league debut!
And, here is YOUR Detroit Tiger lineup..... pitching, Buck Farmer! Oh my. The cupboard is bare. But, one never knows. So with Sanchez out for a month and Verlander out for the next start, our starting pitching staff consists of Farmer, Ray, Porcello, Scherzer, and Price. How fast life changes. I have nothing but praise for the PNC Park baseball game experience. Great venue. The riverfront and the bridge. Friendly crowd. Lots of quaint "Bucco" traditions. Fans...
Game two, at PNC. Though s loss, it was not an embarrassment.
Take away the disastrous first inning, and the Tigers played well enough--though not pretty--to win.
. Stinking loss for the Tigers. PNC Park is gorgeous!
19 innings. Two complete baseball games in one. All for a loss. A dismal ending as I was packing my suitcase for the trip to Pittsburgh Monday morning. I was totally spent after watching the game. I cannot imagine how the players feel. Bad news: Sanchez and Soria are on the DL. Price pitched well. Only to see the lead become a tie. Welcome to the "club" said JV, Porcello, Scherzer, Sanchez, et al....
In the early morning fog, 5K in 25'16".
This morning, 4.5 miles at a 8:08 pace. Really, really good for me. I wish that I could maintain a pace like that on a long run. Oh well, with my wretched arthritic hip, I'll take anything. I have been diligent about doing a thorough routine of stretches before and after the run. This has helped significantly. I miss running on the sandy trails at music camp.
I'm hoping that the Tiger bats were shipped, by mistake to Toronto. They certainly were not in New York! Porcello pitched well enough to keep us in the game. But.... Rick's family are all Met fans. Last year, or maybe it was the year before, the Tigers played the Mets and Rick was pitching. He told the press, "My family is here. But, not to cheer for me." It was neat to see Mr. and Mrs. Leyland, as incognito fans, at the game--sitting in the posh seats. I'm hoping...