or Connect

Posts by clarinetplayer

5 K, this morning, at the "Run-of-the Mill" race in a small town near Lake Woebegon. Pure Americana. Not a better way, or place, to start the 4th of July Celebration. Gorgeous weather: blue sky, 50 degrees. Heading to Detroit for tonight's Detroit Tiger game.
Porcello! Back to back complete game shut outs. In post game interviews, he's a very "Aw, shucks! guy. Fast game, tonight! (The way baseball ought to be.) About 15 minutes shorter than today's USA/Belgium soccer game. I did not listen to the radio broadcast, but I reckon that Jim Price made plenty of references to "The Art of Pitching".
On Monday, the members of the '84 World Series champions were on hand to celebrate their 30th anniversary of the "Bless You Boys" team. 42,000 people were on hand to witness the pregame ceremony. It was a special moment when Alan Trammel spoke on behalf of the team. During the pregame Q & A, it was pointed out that not one of the members of the 84 team have been inducted into the Hall of Fame. It was a team comprised of many talents and not super stars. And, of...
I like the choice of PS with this dazzling coat. An unexpected surprise.
Early morning 5 mile run, just as the rain had stopped. Warm, humid, stillness--I had to keep my mouth closed so I did not swallow the little, invisible insects that seem to appear after a summer rain. #puremichigan
So good to be home after a long weekend on the organ bench. So good to turn on the TV and see the Tigers winning, 10-1, and it is only the 6th inning. Perfect Sunday. Brooks Bros shirt, tie, trousers, and socks. Ferragamo Rodriguez loafer
[[SPOILER]] Working on Saturday--playing an out-of-town church gig.
In spite of the best efforts of the bullpen, namely, Ian Krol, the Tigers won. And, the Royals lost. We're back in first place. To take a 5-0 lead and make it 5-4 in an eye blink requires talent. Krol just did not have his stuff. Rick Porcello, quietly, racks up another win--his 9th of the season.
I like everything about this. The seemingly effortless casual but well coordinated attire reflects the congenial and engaging personality of friend, @Citan1145
A rainy, bow tie, Friday.