or Connect

Posts by clarinetplayer

I'm hoping that the Tiger bats were shipped, by mistake to Toronto. They certainly were not in New York! Porcello pitched well enough to keep us in the game. But.... Rick's family are all Met fans. Last year, or maybe it was the year before, the Tigers played the Mets and Rick was pitching. He told the press, "My family is here. But, not to cheer for me." It was neat to see Mr. and Mrs. Leyland, as incognito fans, at the game--sitting in the posh seats. I'm hoping...
Hunter: nothing broken. Just a bad bruise. Painful, but thank goodness it is only that. He will be day-to-day.Yesterday, on the blah, blah,blah sports radio, callers were complaining about Alex Avila's lack of presence as a batter at the plate. Uh, he hit the home run in the 12th inning that saved the day.David Price was everything we thought he was going to be. When he and his dog, Astro, arrive in Detroit, there certainly will be a celebration.
Porcello is forgotten in nearly every discussion of Tiger pitching. Yet, quietly, he racks up the wins. One of the Freep writers commented that Frederick, during games when he is not pitching, has a notebook where he notates what he sees in pitchers and batters. A serious student of the game, that Porcello.
This morning, 3 miles in under 24 minutes. For me, a darn good pace. I read the following, today, and winced: "Incurable is your wound, grievous your bruise; there is none to plead your cause, no remedy for your running sore, no healing for you." -Jeremiah 30:12-13
Tomorrow, in Yankee Stadium: "The Price Is Right". I love this:
Ha! This is not my normal speed--though I wish it were! On the 4th of July 5K, I ran a plodding 9'+ mile. I am just lucky to be running. (Arthritis in my wretched hip.)
Thanks for the tip. It looks great!!
Whether it is Kate or body-is-still-healing-after-surgery or advancing age, we still need Verlander. I hope that Ausmus becomes a Sparky Anderson "Captain Hook" and pulls JV if at the first sign of trouble. Let's get whatever mileage out of him that we can. We need him. Right now, he doesn't have the power to get out of a jam.IMO, three things are needed for the 2nd half of the season:1. Porcello has to continue to throw his "where-did-that-ball-go?" pitches. Don't...
I just purchased tickets for the two games that the Tigers will be playing in Pittsburgh. Looking forward to seeing PNC park. Maybe there will be a Jim Leyland sighting! The Pittsburgh area is where he keeps his permanent residence. I will be staying just blocks away from the park in the historic Mexican War Streets neighborhood. Should be great fun. Here is an article written by a guy who has visited every MLB park and "rates" them. PNC was ranked #1. Cellular...
Friday morning: 4 miles; 27'40" This is a VERY good timing for me. Enjoying the last days of moderate weather. 90 degree temps are in the forecast for next week. #rememberhowdreadfulthewinterwaslastyear