or Connect

Posts by clarinetplayer

Saturday morning. Before and after.
Tigers/Mariners In a game where the defense was sloppy, the pitching poor, and the bats were silent, this was the only highlight: Tiger Traxx, of course. It was appropriate that Austin Jackson, now CF for the Mariners, received a standing ovation on his first at bat.
I hope that you enjoyed your visit to Detroit. For all the SF members from the metro Detroit area, it would have been pleasure to have met you. I have never eaten atop the GM Building which is referred to, still, as the RenCen. The food may not be the best in the city, but the view must is spectacular.
After a quick morning cuppa, off to give a talk about Charles Ives. Said Arnold Schoenberg, “There is a great Man living in this Country – a composer. He has solved the problem how to preserve one’s self-esteem and to learn. He responds to negligence by contempt. He is not forced to accept praise or blame. His name is Ives.”
Post script: Buck Farmer did well for his major league debut!
And, here is YOUR Detroit Tiger lineup..... pitching, Buck Farmer! Oh my. The cupboard is bare. But, one never knows. So with Sanchez out for a month and Verlander out for the next start, our starting pitching staff consists of Farmer, Ray, Porcello, Scherzer, and Price. How fast life changes. I have nothing but praise for the PNC Park baseball game experience. Great venue. The riverfront and the bridge. Friendly crowd. Lots of quaint "Bucco" traditions. Fans...
Game two, at PNC. Though s loss, it was not an embarrassment.
Take away the disastrous first inning, and the Tigers played well enough--though not pretty--to win.
. Stinking loss for the Tigers. PNC Park is gorgeous!