or Connect

Posts by 7strung

i've been hunting for a pair without the veiny leather... it's been tough to say the least, i've looked through four pairs.  sucks.  Any boot recommendations that are similar to the 1k's in shape?  red wings are too bulbous and the 1ks are just right.  i've seen the white's semidress, not really a fan.
i found a small piece of what i believe to be thread from the welt sticking out between upper and sole, looks like it was possibly attempted to be burned off.  anyone seen this before or know if itll pose a problem in the future?
 It's just the way these boots are at the moment.  I feel they may have had less issues in the past when demand was lower, but they are very popular right now.  Wolverine doesn't seem to care because the boots are selling very well.  The doc 1460s are made in china and other countries, likely on a machine.  The leather is different from the Wolverines.  It's the nature of the beast with handmade goods and natural materials.  I've been looking for a good pair myself, and...
 Unfortunately you do have to settle for some blemishes with these boots, but if they arent structural then its not a big deal.  You might want to look at another brand if small imperfections are a deal breaker.  I know that one shouldnt have to settle, but with these boots I've seen many defects ranging from stitching to size imperfections to bad leather to small cuts/nicks etc.  If you wear those boots for an hour, the tongue will end up looking wrinkled on both of...
So I see that people recommend conditioning the leather sole, and also that the leather sole will not take a topy well once conditioned (or in general because it is already so oily).  What's the best route?  Conditioning and then wearing down the leather with a bit of natural wear before topy?  Cobbler sanding?  Not conditioning the sole?
 thanks!  im just going to mull it over for a bit and will probably keep them.  not worried about scuffing them up, but id rather not have any damage that could shorten the lifespan of a new shoe if i can avoid it.  thats the great thing about nordstrom, they guarantee their products if anything ever happens.  gives me peace of mind.
 walk til your feet swell, use your preferred sock, and try on both sizes in a store.  go with your gut.  i was torn between 9 and 9.5 (im 10d) and was convincing myself that the 9s fit.  when i tried the 9.5 out again following cranes advice on socks and foot swelling, it was apparent that the fit was much better.
Just bought these, what do y'all think about this minor cut? If I had to guess I'd say it's less than one mm deep. How thick is this leather anyways, about two or three mm? Also I see Lexol recommended, what do you all think about the regular formula as opposed to the nondarkening?
  Thanks, guys, just jittery after a big purchase.  Maybe you know the feeling?  I took the boots to Nordstrom where I purchased them from and they told me "if it gets worse in 3 to 6 months bring them back and we will take care of you."  Nordstrom is awesome, first time customer there and probably will be repeat business now.  Great customer service. I am going to have them looked at by a cobbler as well, then probably burn the stitch off and let the chips fall where they...
 Is the loose thread on my boots holding the fabric of the universe together?  Cause if so I should probably exchange them for another pair...  Thanks for being so helpful in the past, by the way.  You helped me with my Red Wing stuff.