or Connect

Posts by misterbear

Nevermind, found this thread. http://www.styleforum.net/t/24109/hof-labels-heels-and-nail-patterns-secrets-to-id-the-maker The poster that I was originally replying to has a RLBL by Cantarelli. The DB Black Label had a tag similar to the pic shown on post #143. http://www.styleforum.net/t/94886/ralph-lauren-lines-and-who-makes-what-a-definitive-guide/135
Methinks it is an older RLBL model, not made by Caruso. I've read that Corneliani used to do RLBL, but not sure how accurate that is. That label doesn't look like recent Corneliani labels though. Does anybody know the history of the suitmakers that RLBL sourced their suits from? Corneliani > Caruso? The RLBL 40R DB that I picked up recently doesn't appear to be Caruso either -- it doesn't have that Caruso label, but it is "made in italy." Couldn't find the answer here...
What are the specs on the sleeve length? Specs on the pants? Waist, Rise, Inseam (unhemmed)?, leg opening, sidetabs or belt loops?
Other stuff: the counterfeiters messed up: "All the buttons have Zegna engraved on them." It should be Z-Zegna on the buttons, and usually in muted white/grey, not a bright color like red. And like the others mentioned - 70% polyester? WTF? Never seen any polyester Z-Zegna suits.
A little late to the thread, but yeah it's fake. I own 3 Z-Zegna suits, and yes all of them are of Mexican origin. Most of the time they have the collar tag that says Mexico, but sometimes they don't. Another big tip off were the small sizing tags in addition to the one inside the jacket pocket - there should only be one sizing tag (the one in the inner jacket pocket). The typeface of the one inside the jacket pocket is also "off" as someone pointed out. The rainbow...
Just echoing the previous post, if this is 38R (US)/48R (EUR), shouldn't the pant waist be around 32" (Drop 6)? According to the measurements, this suit is almost like a 40R (US)/ 50R (EUR) Drop 6. Anyway, I would be interested if I was in the market for a lighter navy suit, 2-button prejudices be damned. To answer the previous post, Styleforum groupthink pushes for the 2-button look, since that is what's "IN" now - supposedly because it has "better" proportions, more...
Quote: Originally Posted by TylerDurden I talked to a few people over the week who were telling me Bio Technology is about to explode with jobs.. You might want to take a look at this article. I have a few friends who graduated in the past year with their Masters in Bio Engineering from Ivy League schools. Still looking for jobs ... You can only get a substantive research position (or go into BIO IP law) IF and ONLY IF you have a PhD...
Quote: Originally Posted by The Swede Swedish and Danish are closely related in a very strange way. They understand perfectly what we say but to us their strange guttural gargling is incomprehensible. As an American with no prior knowledge of either language, Swedish was definitely more intuitive to me than Danish - the words SOUND like what they LOOK like. Danish, on the other hand, seems to have a lot of silent consonants or something ......
Go for it. I only spent a week or so there (commuting between Copenhagen and Malmo, Sweden) on a business trip, but thought it was a great place to live: high living standards, clean, metropolitan, but with much less crowds and hustle and bustle than say NY. Quite a few people who work in Copenhagen take the ~30 min commute from Malmo over the Oresund Bridge because it's cheaper to live in Sweden (or rather outside of Copenhagen, which is the 7th most expensive city in the...
Just curious... were you trying to pan fry the suit? =)