Posts by FatCatPhil

I do realize pre-orders aren't MTO but just a thought - would it be possible to ask for a blue suede sneaker with a white leather tongue and heel reinforcement piece?
 I actually had the same target in mind. How does the lisboa last compares to carmina's forest / rain or Meermin's Rui? Also just to be sure, does 11 US = 10 UK?
So I contacted Carmina about this and they got back to me: - They currently have a shortage of hands given the success of their MTO option, current lead time is 60 days.- They just hired a new person to answer the email backlog- The cordovan jodhpurs and chelsea will now all feature the V seam, they had too many cracks/tears.- They are offering me either a refund, another MTO, exchange for a in-store shoe or a partial refund if I keep the shoes. I'm not sure which option...
I have finally received my november-offer MTO only to find out I got the dreaded V version of the jodhpurs which was definitely not the advertised model.     Not only do I find it aesthetically displeasing but the V also orientates the creases in a weird way, see how they shape up after only 3 steps:     I will contact them on monday hoping they'll take them back and deliver what I ordered.
 Nice, did you order those during the MTO launch offer early november?
Do you guys know whether Carmina dies their shell themselves? Seeing those beautiful bourbon/armagnac shells boots are giving me angst that my still-in-production burgundy jodhpurs will turn too dark for my taste.
If your bank is in the UK it might be easier to invoke section 75 of the consumer credit act (1974 I believe). I'll let you google it but it basically forces them to reimburse undelivered goods for payments between 100 & 2000 £ (again not 100% of the figures but i'm positive a toj jacjet is in the sweet spot).
 his email is dieworkwear () gmail com (not a joke).
I have a pair of cream linen walts with a bad case of coffee spill. It says no washing machine, dry clean only. What would happen if I was to clean them at 30° with low tumble dry (my machine goes as low as 400 rpm) ?   Also how do you guys clean your tweed wool rivets?
Can't help with anything useful I'm afraid, but when the time comes I'll partake with the egging of the facebook page.