or Connect

Posts by ReubenR

Buuuuttttt keep in mind that jackets are typically ~2" wider (1"-3") in the chest than the tagged size, not 4".
Kinda an e-thrift/gamble. Oxxford suit in an attractive black and white glenn plaid and the measurements seem like they'd fit me (~44L), under $30 shipped BUT it's tagged a 41T, measured by a woman* (judging from the french-manucured nail visible in a couple shots) and there's a trio of small holes on the pants. The holes are on the inside of the leg near the crotch and right along the seam so I think they'll be an easy-ish fix with a little patching and/or...
 I'd recommend holding off on ebay purchasing until you thrift a while and amass a couple jackets, maybe a suit, that you know fit you really, really well. Once you have those you can take measurements from them and begin picking up clothes online. You can often find fantastic deals on unbranded clothes, local defunct store brands, or currently mediocre brands that used to be great. Some labels to watch for to get a decent deal are Corbin, Hardwick, and Jos A Bank's older...
Minor emergency and crosspost from the thrift B/S/T, but does anyone have a decent navy/charcoal suit or tux in ~44L? Had an ebay seller back out on me just this morning and a wedding to attend in a week. Don't really have time to buy something, wait for shipping, and then get it tailored before then and I don't really want to spend $100+ on adjusting my old tux after a 60lb weight loss or $450 on a disposable JAB option. I can fit down to a 36" waist if the thighs are...
Does anyone have a staple charcoal grey or navy blue suit in ~44L (43-45, maybe)? Ordered one from eBay last week for a wedding this upcoming weekend but the order's been canceled and my payment refunded as of this morning. Need at least a 30-31" inseam and a good 26" on the arms, can fit as small a waist as a 35-36 provided the thighs are big enough. Technically black tie optional so a tux would work fantastically but I've got more need of a staple suit.
 If it helps, I was told (and the timeline story given seemed to corroborate) that this one was late 20's early 30's:  
How do you think it'd work for storing ties? And where did you get yours? I've only seen it in skymall and fairly sketch sellers when I google it.
 Dear lord those wool bow ties are beautiful. As far as storage goes for me, I've picked up some of those multi-trouser hangers at goodwill, the ones with four separate bars vertically stacked to hang pants on? I get about ten ties to a bar and force myself to start culling if I fill the third hanger and start putting them on the fourth. I typically store my bows on the fourth but I get closer to 15-20 bows per bar there and only take up the bottom two. Something like this...
Not all that big of a deal but still fairly annoying considering how far away I am from the central post office here, but why on earth would a seller ship a pair of shorts that sold for $4.99+4.12 shipping as signature required? I'm probably not going to be able to get out there until Tuesday.