or Connect

Posts by maclovin

Dear Kronik, While I not a regular combatant, I do want to say that I appreciate your use of the King's English. In return, I pose a question to you, one which I believe you have asked before on this august forum. Kronik, have you ever engaged in buggery? I remain, Mac
Quote: Originally Posted by odoreater TGI Fridays throws a bangin' birthday party. You get yourself some Jack Daniels ribs and shrimp with a 22 oz glass of Sam. Then, the waiters come around and sing you happy birthday and throw in some free cake. It's off the hook, yo! Dear Odordeater, Feeling that authenticity is important, I have graciously amended your post. I remain, Mac
Quote: Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff I agree. Before they became mainstream no one but myself ever noticed a single breasted peak lapel. Now that they are mainstream, I cant imagine who notices things like this. It is more a matter of how you wear clothes. If you are disheveled in a badly ironed white shirt, ordinary printed tie and scuffed shoes and wear a solid grey peak lapel SB suit, then that's hardly a worry. if you are overdone with a...
Quote: Originally Posted by edmorel Get your suit, wear it, enjoy it and don't give a sh*t what some internet sartorialist wearing K-Mart boxers posts. Quote: Originally Posted by dopey I disagree. I live for the arguments, snark and runaway hostility. What other reason is there for those of us who already know what we like to come here? Dear dopey edmorel, I would like to give you my sincerest thanks. You...
Dear Gents, I have also noticed, from time to time, poor writing on this forum. When it has been particularly bad, I have taken the time to write a private message to the offending poster, so as to help him improve on his skills. I felt this to be more courteous than to simply correct his original post in public. Unfortunately, this particular poster displayed a terribly snotty attitude. Ironically, his defense was riddled with writing errors including using the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Huntsman When it really matters to me, I use my own stationary and write with a dip pen -- the ink you get on your hands is an allegory for how involved you are in the process. The time you put in and the mistakes and imperfectness make it all the more sincere and human, even if, as I do, you pre-write everything in a word processor (I can commonly spend 4-7 hours on a letter, and have spend 12 on several...
Dear John, Are you somehow related to Jon.? Mac. Jon. Mac. Jon. Sister. Mother. Sister. Mother. AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Dear John Ellis, I would like to be the first to congratulate you, for you have won Styleforum. You have conquered heavy suits, tweed, 6 on 3 doublebreasteds and guns. You have admirably and convincingly defended England and Breanish tweed, and have shown yourself to be master of the ranks of the Navy. Furthermore, you have claimed victory over mafoofan and Vox Sartoria. Never before has somebody been so completely victorious at Styleforum, and what a feat that...
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbris1 It is clear that selecting prior winners to judge the subsequent contest is not working, Kent. Choose an alternative. Dear Large Bris, Your post makes me sad. I feel that Mr. Harris did a fine job and selected the appropriate finalists. Now, judging from your other posts in these contest threads, it would appear that you think quite highly of your own entries. While I think that a healthy self esteem...
Dear Braidkid, Is that fine filly of a redhead still in your life? I remain, Mac